MADD handing out goody bags

Hope42

MADD handing out goody bags

Post by Hope42 »

What business does a MADD member have being in close vicinity of a private citizen during a RCMP Road Check.
My answer: None.

Who does MADD think they are?
They have no legal right to be witness to any traffic stop being conducted legally by members of the RCMP.

If it was me being stopped, I really do appreciate the vigilant work the RCMP perform, being visible, and helping keep our roads safer for motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians.

However MADD members are just public flag bearers, a society amongst themselves. Not all are volunteer's as there are paid members. They have no right being present or in the near vicinity of any traffic enforcement.

Can I as a member of the public, stand next to an RCMP member, in they legal performance of his/her duty?
I would say not. Lest I be charged with Obstruction, or something else.

Who came up with the moronic idea to allow these people to hand out their "goodie" bags?
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: MADD handing out goody bags

Post by Always Sunny »

I'll bite.

What's in a MADD goodie bag?

A voucher for a cab ride home? Business cards for lawyers in town?
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Hope42 wrote:Can I as a member of the public, stand next to an RCMP member, in they legal performance of his/her duty?

I didn't realize there's an invisible force field around RCMP members preventing anybody from standing next to them.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Even Steven wrote:

I didn't realize there's an invisible force field around RCMP members preventing anybody from standing next to them.

Civilians have no reason to loiter around police officers when they're doing their job.

While I'm sure MADD's intention was good, it might not be the best thing to do. There could possibly be privacy issues or worse yet, what if someone decides to do something stupid and put one of MADD's members life at risk?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

MADD lost all my respect when they suddenly forgot Campbell's impaired charge after he promised them a pathetic bribe. Which I understand he never followed through with.

Making them look even worst they haven't raised their voice even once as Christy has slackened off the Liquer laws.

Return to “South Okanagan”