Lawrence Avenue gravel pit rumour

BC Dave

Lawrence Avenue gravel pit rumour

Post by BC Dave »

I've heard a rumour that the gravel pit halfway up to Sendaro Canyon is going to be turned into another housing development. There seems to be some equipment back in the area, but I'm not sure if it is there for gravel pit activities or something else. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this? Years ago someone told me that the gravel pit might see some sort of commercial development in the future, like a little strip mall. Not sure about that one either...
twobits
Guru

Re: Lawrence Avenue gravel pit rumour

Post by twobits »

BC Dave wrote:I've heard a rumour that the gravel pit halfway up to Sendaro Canyon is going to be turned into another housing development. There seems to be some equipment back in the area, but I'm not sure if it is there for gravel pit activities or something else. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this? Years ago someone told me that the gravel pit might see some sort of commercial development in the future, like a little strip mall. Not sure about that one either...

It's always been slated for housing. Right now...??? Could be now that Sendaro has brought the servicing right thru the property. The commercial/strip mall portion is just a reflection of a very old OCP that envisioned "cluster villages" of housing. It will never happen when 50% of the main drag has trouble maintaining occupancy and survival and also why there was an approval of 250k for an OCP review at the last council meeting to bring it in line somewhere close to reality.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “South Okanagan”