Area 27 Racetrack paving!

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Area 27 Racetrack paving!

Post by maryjane48 »

LOL at that deal.(visionary) He smart no doubt. land they got for free and can lease it for $$$ and the playboys sink millions into this deal and when it fails the winner is LOL Chief Louie
you need to explain this for free statement . residential school survivers might be able to explain free for you
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

dontrump wrote:time will tell but now that the truth has come out and its all a non profit situation and the lot
it may be more viable for sure
Still love the quote; owners/investors count there money in the billions way too funny

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Sep 8th, 2016, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

tabanner wrote:Then don't don trump!

he doesnt have 35 grand . *removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Sep 8th, 2016, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Don is getting the number of billionaires from the always accurate [/s] Forbes list. There are more than that if you include the people who have residences here, including at least a couple in the Okanagan.

If the poster who had referenced "billionaires" had instead said "hundreds of millions", would there be so much dispute? I know of more than a few locals who may not be billionaires, but they certainly could single handedly build this facility without significantly affecting their net worth.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Gilchy wrote:Don is getting the number of billionaires from the always accurate [/s] Forbes list. There are more than that if you include the people who have residences here, including at least a couple in the Okanagan.

If the poster who had referenced "billionaires" had instead said "hundreds of millions", would there be so much dispute? I know of more than a few locals who may not be billionaires, but they certainly could single handedly build this facility without significantly affecting their net worth.

maybe maybe not but I doubt they even count there money even in the hundreds of millions.This facility is not a muti million dollar deal.The insinuation from the original argument was that he was saying the indian Band were the billionaires involved
the pentiction band in whole is not worth anywhere near a billion dollars LOL my butt at that suggestion
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Glad to see this endeavor come this far in what truly is a short period of time. Spinoffs ($$$$$) for the automotive industry in the Okanagan may be significant........which will be a good thing. I do hope that Area 27 can attract some actual "outside" racing events to draw spectators. Open track days for locals I have to believe is a must, but time will tell.

As far as "billionaires" go..........if you cannot write a cheque for a BILLION dollars RIGHT NOW that is good to be cashed........your not a billionaire. Billions on "paper" never works out to billions in the bank. Even Jim Pattison or Aquilini could not write that cheque RIGHT NOW!
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

lesliepaul wrote:Glad to see this endeavor come this far in what truly is a short period of time. Spinoffs ($$$$$) for the automotive industry in the Okanagan may be significant........which will be a good thing. I do hope that Area 27 can attract some actual "outside" racing events to draw spectators. Open track days for locals I have to believe is a must, but time will tell.

As far as "billionaires" go..........if you cannot write a cheque for a BILLION dollars RIGHT NOW that is good to be cashed........your not a billionaire. Billions on "paper" never works out to billions in the bank. Even Jim Pattison or Aquilini could not write that cheque RIGHT NOW!

Why does one need a billion in liquid cash to be a billionaire? A billionaire implies a net worth of $1B+, if we restrict the definition to solely liquid holdings, there would be very very few indeed.

But bring on the trackdays!!! :smt045
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Why does one need a billion in liquid cash to be a billionaire? A billionaire implies a net worth of $1B+, if we restrict the definition to solely liquid holdings, there would be very very few indeed.

But bring on the trackdays!!! :smt045

wrong!! the liquid assets are what defines worth.(example) I could own 5 million in retail assessed net assets but If I had to sell into the market tomorrow and only get 3 million then iam not worth 5 million net iam only worth 3 million net
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Thank you dontrump.
TheBoss
Fledgling

Post by TheBoss »

Once i read that the track is basically for people who afford porches Ferrari and other fast million dollar plus cars i lost all interest. I would of loved to take my town car on that car :D, looks like it's autocrossing for me. I think it's 30 dollars for the yearly member ship and 20 dollars per race. I don't have to deal with rich snobs.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

TheBoss wrote:Once i read that the track is basically for people who afford porches Ferrari and other fast million dollar plus cars i lost all interest. I would of loved to take my town car on that car :D, looks like it's autocrossing for me. I think it's 30 dollars for the yearly member ship and 20 dollars per race. I don't have to deal with rich snobs.

you can spend few thousand on stock car and race in penticatan . they be glad to have you
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

personaly i think this track and one on the island will be plus for communitys of both places
tabanner

Post by tabanner »

lol TheBoss...how many million dollar cars are there out there? A handful. And how many people would take a million plus dollar car on a track? They're not. People buy cheaper cars for the track. More fun, less worry over damage or expensive repairs.

I haven't met any "rich snobs" yet.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

TheBoss wrote:Once i read that the track is basically for people who afford porches Ferrari and other fast million dollar plus cars i lost all interest. I would of loved to take my town car on that car :D, looks like it's autocrossing for me. I think it's 30 dollars for the yearly member ship and 20 dollars per race. I don't have to deal with rich snobs.

I have a "porch" on the front and back of my house"...can I go? :runforlife:
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I will tell you that the Vancouver Island track is SHORT at about 1.3 miles........Area 27 is double that and is accredited one level below a Formula 1 track. Vancouver Island in its current state is best suited for "small, lower powered" vehicles. My opinion about that track is that it is an amazing go-kart track and not in the same league as the track here.

Through several people on the island.........."you want snobs, and arrogance.......that's the place to go and especially with the people behind it". Let them have it..........its on an island.

No doubt many of Area 27 members will only "putt" around the track but there are some very serious racers that are members and live in the Okanagan.

Return to “South Okanagan”