Bike race Wednesday morning

Tony
Übergod

Bike race Wednesday morning

Post by Tony »

So I'm heading out of Penticton Wednesday morning at 7:45 and I notice pylons closing one lane of the highway (heading north), as well as closure heading south. Then I see the bikes, the I get stopped out by Sunoka beach so the bike racers can hook a u-turn and head back to town.

What the hell was THAT all about? Challenge isn't on until Sunday, there was NO warning about this race at all, and who would ever allow a race to run during the morning "rush hour" of people heading to work. If this was part of the "duathlon" of Challenge, they need to run it somewhere else or at least put some warning up a few weeks in advance.

That was ridiculous.
ToddT
Übergod

Re: Bike race Wednesday morning

Post by ToddT »

I'm not a fan of the race at all but I was curious about the Sunday closures so I searched it about a week ago and learned about the other races. Plus I think it is on some signs around town.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

Downtown Wednesday morning was a mess, with people trying to get around road closures to get to work.

Ridiculous, to say the least.

One day (Sunday) I'm ok with, its not hard to stay home and outta the way. I'm avoiding the north end of Penticton now until next week, when all this is hopefully over with and cleaned up.
Nooby
Übergod

Post by Nooby »

Pain in the *** fighting to get to my parking spot on Wednesday morning, and had to take a different route home today from downtown. Not a big deal, just hate having my routine disrupted :biggrin: , can't wait to see what's in store tomorrow morning.

I'd be OK with the disruptions only on the weekend, but hey - it's once a year, right?
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

Heh, try getting out of Kaleden that day, tons of fun!

That's why I plan to stay home and enjoy the summer.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “South Okanagan”