Night club no more

Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Night club no more

Post by Rosemary1 »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#176475

Good for Vassiliki . He is contributing to improvements more than city council and many other businesses in the downtown area. Now can he buy out the Mule and do something similar and save RCMP and downtown neighbourhoods from dealing with the too many rowdies amongst its patrons who regularly cause disturbances, fights and mayhem when leaving the club after a night of drinking?
ToddT
Übergod

Re: night club no more

Post by ToddT »

Kudos to the Vassman from here too. However your idea of drunk rowdy people going away is never going to happen. What kind of bubble community do you want to live in? If drunk people want to beat each other up I say let them lol.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Re: night club no more

Post by XT225 »

Rosemary1 wrote:http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-176475-21-.htm#176475

Good for Vassiliki . He is contributing to improvements more than city council and many other businesses in the downtown area. Now can he buy out the Mule and do something similar and save RCMP and downtown neighbourhoods from dealing with the too many rowdies amongst its patrons who regularly cause disturbances, fights and mayhem when leaving the club after a night of drinking?

Yes good for John V. indeed. What has Dan Ashton, our MLA got to do with this venture though? Or is he just looking for another photo opportunity leading up to next years election?
southy
Lord of the Board

Re: Night club no more

Post by southy »

Hey XT - who would you rather have had Mayor Jak?? [icon_lol2.gif]
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

southy wrote:Hey XT - who would you rather have had Mayor Jak?? [icon_lol2.gif]

Not much of a choice, Southy. Don't care for either of them, and I don't know how either of them could take credit in the great work that John has done with this project. Looks more like political grandstanding to me. I would expect, however, that John V. and Ashton were/are good friends.
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

I think you're right and I will add a +1 that it is more telling who is not there than who is there.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

No kidding. Who in their right mind would invite someone to their grand opening that would be boo'ed on introduction? Bad Karma launch.
Am thinking an appropriate grand opening would include one last round of B52's or Zam shots as a memorial. No?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Nope, there was no sign of the Mayor; only Ashton and a couple of City councillors (likely hoping to be re-elected next time). Guess the Mayor knows full well that his time on council is a one time deal.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

XT225 wrote:Nope, there was no sign of the Mayor; only Ashton and a couple of City councillors (likely hoping to be re-elected next time). Guess the Mayor knows full well that his time on council is a one time deal.

I actually hope he has the stones to run again just so he can verify how disliked he is. Then again, maybe the reception he got at the young stars tourney (that he actually initiated) drove the point home. I doubt Vaz would run again. Am thinking our next Mayor is going to be Konanz. I'd go for that but we are getting off topic.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

twobits wrote:
I actually hope he has the stones to run again just so he can verify how disliked he is. Then again, maybe the reception he got at the young stars tourney (that he actually initiated) drove the point home. I doubt Vaz would run again. Am thinking our next Mayor is going to be Konanz. I'd go for that but we are getting off topic.

I agree re Helen; she would make a decent mayor and likely the ONLY one whom I would vote for again on council. Good for John V. for completing this project; looks good; don't miss the old nite club.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Ya the night clubs of old when people partied it up in Penticton....

When I drove by and saw Tiffanys i was shocked to see that name again lol...

I guess now its more the trendy pub scene now. hmm but just a odd place to have stores and rental units..
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

Symbonite wrote:Ya the night clubs of old when people partied it up in Penticton....

When I drove by and saw Tiffanys i was shocked to see that name again lol...

I guess now its more the trendy pub scene now. hmm but just a odd place to have stores and rental units..

Why is it odd? It's Downtown on mainstreet - sort of where stores go isn't it?

Return to “South Okanagan”