Grand Chief's snub

Tony
Übergod

Grand Chief's snub

Post by Tony »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/ ... royal-snub

Does anyone else see this as rather rude? I mean, we all know he has issues, but to snub the Royals?
LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Grand Chief's snub

Post by LTD »

I don't I would snub them to they're just people that everyone makes way to big of a deal over and for what their little visit will be costing the taxpayer they can stay home
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I have absolutely no desire on meeting any member of royal family, so if this chief doesn't either. Then what's big deal let him do what he wants, its not as if the royals are going to be offended.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
antelee
Fledgling

Post by antelee »

Too bad he couldn't be as gracious as the native peoples of Bella Bella, Whitehorse, Carcross, Haida Gwaii, Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna etc
He has done himself a disservice and just looks like a spoiled brat having a tantrum.
Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

I'd snub em
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

antelee wrote:Too bad he couldn't be as gracious as the native peoples of Bella Bella, Whitehorse, Carcross, Haida Gwaii, Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna etc
He has done himself a disservice and just looks like a spoiled brat having a tantrum.

He's always struck me as an angry person, more focused on clinging to past injustices than in moving forward. Such a sad way to live a life. I'm not sure he made this decision on his own, but if that's the way he feels, it's probably best he doesn't participate.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Some chiefs seem to have a vested interest in not moving native issues forward.

If you look at who has the money in the native population, it's rather obvious who stands to profit the most from the status quo.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

I had coffee with a friend who just returned from England and he was telling me just how little respect the British have for the royal family and how fed up they are with financing them. What is it exactly these people do?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

southy wrote:I had coffee with a friend who just returned from England and he was telling me just how little respect the British have for the royal family and how fed up they are with financing them. What is it exactly these people do?

Not much except being a figure head
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

rustled wrote:He's always struck me as an angry person, more focused on clinging to past injustices than in moving forward. Such a sad way to live a life. I'm not sure he made this decision on his own, but if that's the way he feels, it's probably best he doesn't participate.

I'm no fan of taxpayer funded visits by the royals either but I agree with you. Stewart is long past his expiration date and does nothing to move FN issues ahead with petty tandrums like this. If it wasn't for a union vote, he'd probably have a crew out in Camo gear and masks in Bella Coola.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

he made it clear he wasnt snubbing the royals. he was subbing clark and trudeaus smarmy photo op ceremony that essentially means nothing. if these 2 leaders took the process of reconciliation more seriously perhaps he would have partaken in an over the top display of exuberant savages with full garb hooting and hollering.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

rustled wrote:He's always struck me as an angry person, more focused on clinging to past injustices than in moving forward. Such a sad way to live a life. I'm not sure he made this decision on his own, but if that's the way he feels, it's probably best he doesn't participate.

twobits wrote:I'm no fan of taxpayer funded visits by the royals either but I agree with you. Stewart is long past his expiration date and does nothing to move FN issues ahead with petty tandrums like this. If it wasn't for a union vote, he'd probably have a crew out in Camo gear and masks in Bella Coola.

I agree. I think that many people don't know much about the "Grand Chief". He is a radical, who has in the past, incited violence. I am surprised that someone didn't punch his ticket a few years back.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

He can attend or not anything he wants but he is the he Grand 'Stand' chief so he could not just quietly and graciously decline to attend without trying to get some attention for himself.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

The royal family stands for everything white and colonial, how could any self-respecting warrior not take a shot? :)
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Is it a snub if they dont really care if you were there or not? It was an invite...not like a demand that he had to be there.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.

Return to “South Okanagan”