City council the farm team for the big show

southy
Lord of the Board

Re: City council the farm team for the big show

Post by southy »

PHeew! I feel better knowing you three have finally got this settled. For a second there I thought I was entering a Fluffy and Rustler Dale Carnagie Class on how to win friends and influence people. Keep it positive - don't have an opinion that might differ from someone else for fear of being judged as negative. There is no room in some folks world for the negative. What I don't get though is we live in a world of dualities - you know - hot/cold ... up/down ... happy/sad .. sunny/cloudy .. painful/painfree ... success/failure .. and yup even NEGATIVE / POSITIVE! And you know what in my opinion when it comes to our current City Council I call negative. 100% negative.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

[quote="rustled"]What good does it really do for councillors to repeatedly hear the same complaints from the same unpleasable malcontents?

Whoa! Repeatedly from the same malcontents? Have you been paying attention to the record numbers of different and non previous contributors about several recent civic issues?
I long ago learned to read the name of the author prior to the submitted letter. Why waste precious time on the Isherwood, Barillaro, Marten, Billingsberg, Wiltse, etc repetitious rantings. I would hope Councillors would be able to do the same.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

southy wrote:PHeew! I feel better knowing you three have finally got this settled. For a second there I thought I was entering a Fluffy and Rustler Dale Carnagie Class on how to win friends and influence people. Keep it positive - don't have an opinion that might differ from someone else for fear of being judged as negative. There is no room in some folks world for the negative. What I don't get though is we live in a world of dualities - you know - hot/cold ... up/down ... happy/sad .. sunny/cloudy .. painful/painfree ... success/failure .. and yup even NEGATIVE / POSITIVE! And you know what in my opinion when it comes to our current City Council I call negative. 100% negative.

Do you truly live in a world of duality?

What a dreadful shame you never get to experience the wonderfully wide range of in-between.

Not all of us believe one must be either negative or positive.

Nor are all of us willing to sit in judgement as to whether anyone else is one or the other (even if we do find their predilection for complaint and fault-finding and harping a behaviour far more negative than positive, with consequences far more negative than positive).

Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend, neighbour. :130:
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

rustled wrote:What good does it really do for councillors to repeatedly hear the same complaints from the same unpleasable malcontents?

twobits wrote:Whoa! Repeatedly from the same malcontents? Have you been paying attention to the record numbers of different and non previous contributors about several recent civic issues?
I long ago learned to read the name of the author prior to the submitted letter. Why waste precious time on the Isherwood, Barillaro, Marten, Billingsberg, Wiltse, etc repetitious rantings. I would hope Councillors would be able to do the same.

Gotta wonder how many of these different and non-previous folk are strongly influenced by the constant barrage coming from the ones you've chosen to ignore. Can't say for the Herald, but a lot of the ones I see in other public forums seem to be covers of the same old song.

And I'll bet if any of the councillors ever admitted to ignoring anyone, they'll be thoroughly beaten up for it.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

rustled wrote:And I'll bet if any of the councillors ever admitted to ignoring anyone, they'll be thoroughly beaten up for it.

Yes I do think they would be thoroughly beaten up for it. Is that not what happened to Picton when he confessed to not reading local news sources?
And if Jak has the arrogance or stones to run for re election, we will witness a whoopin that will set a new record because of ignoring people.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “South Okanagan”