Post by ferri »

Keep it civil please. thanks!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
twobits
Guru

Re: Car crashes into Skaha

Post by twobits »

Nooby wrote:Strebor - I'd like to know how you came to the conclusion, from the picture shown, that the guy walking to shore is "old"? Is it his clothing, his hair, what exactly? I guess it also depends what your definition of old is.

There was a time when I thought anyone that could get into a bar was pretty old.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Ahhh Strebor ... By chance do you drive a diesel?? :topic: I know.
smoky500
Fledgling

Post by smoky500 »

As with most post to threads on Castanet forums some good comments and some asinine.
Here's my two bits for twobits and strebor et al. They need to be more stringent on testing for obtaining and maintaining a drivers licence. The requirements and testing procedures are far to lax. Driving is a privilege not a right and comes with a lot of responsibility. Getting a pilots licence is challenging, and while the risks of a mistake in the air are far graver, the risks of distracted driving and failure to follow the rules of the road creates a lot of carnage on our streets. Most accidents are not accidents but due to driver error.
theseeker
Fledgling

Post by theseeker »

Well now, what a happy crew we have on-line here-------- I, we, you and probably a lot of others, drive that lovely road and admire all the "crosses" on the side where "Great" drivers have ended up in the lake. I watch the "Persons" speeding past me as I drive the 62 K and the 50 K and the suggested 30 K and Lo and behold, I see them pulled over in their Sports car or pick me up 4 wheel drive heavy duty V-10 "Truck", because they either are watching a deer or hit it. For all of you out there I'm the one waving at you minus the rude gesture. You all have a Greaaaaaaat day now?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

theseeker wrote: For all of you out there I'm the one waving at you minus the rude gesture. You all have a Greaaaaaaat day now?

So one day when you hit a patch of black ice, swerve to miss an animal or have it thru your windshield in your lap, have a tire blow out etc etc...and end up in the ditch, the lake, a fence or power pole......you will fully understand why we passed judgment on your driving skills in that moment, and waved at you while you could be bleeding out.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
theseeker
Fledgling

Post by theseeker »

Yes Twobits, If I'm doing the proper speed limit, even if the weather is icy or clear, winter or summer, I believe I would have a easier chance of swerving to miss a deer or get control on black ice or slippery leaves on the road ,than an individual trying to beat his or her previous time getting to his or her destination. By the way the other day I seen a black bear cub run across in front of me with the mother waiting on the other side, goes to show. And of course I would stop if I seen a accident, I'm sorry I said I would just wave, but it does infuriate me when people pass with no consideration to peoples saftey.
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

I will be 65 on my next birthday but don't think it is a bad idea to test older people like myself at 70 years of age. The younger drivers are actually quite dangerous as they are on their fr....... cell hones. And I don't mean just the 18 to 20 yr olds, I see all ages on those damn phones. Penalties should be HUGE, like $500 and loss of licence for the 1st offence, $750 with loss of licence & vehicle for 2 months for a 2nd offence & $1000 3rd offence you lose your licence and car for 3 months. That MIGHT make people think twice?? I never use a cell phone in the car, PERIOD....Put it the glove compartment and truck if you have NO self control...Have a great week!!! :)

Return to “South Okanagan”