Summerland development application

RandyDandy
Fledgling

Re: Summerland development application

Post by RandyDandy »

It ain't over until the large lady sings.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/ ... rs-project

I am oddly confused here. Does the PIB land extend to lower Summerland? I know Chief Eneas has a concern about some archeological claim in the area, but seriously, how do they control the land there? It's not part of the PIB as far as I know. If someone has other info, please enlighten.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

It means if this gets approved that they really better pray they don't find as much as a rock shaped like an arrow head in there.
On a different forum
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

Daspoot wrote:It means if this gets approved that they really better pray they don't find as much as a rock shaped like an arrow head in there.

Thanks Daspoot... kind of what I thought too.
Captain77
Fledgling

Post by Captain77 »

How has Summerland council responded to the PIB letter?
I think the aquifer water supply to the hatchery is their biggest concern. I'm a fisherman, so it is a major concern of mine. I just don't think they can provide unbiased assurances that the aquifer won't me damaged.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

Your concern over the aquifer is sound.
You weren't intoning that that is the concern of the PIB were you? The article doesn't cite that at all that I read. I might be mistaken, but pretty sure they said that was their land.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

I think it like using the royal "we" as in it was once "all their land" and there may still be some artifacts, important sites almost anywhere in the valley.

I agree the aquifer is the main concern from my standpoint too, I have niggling other concerns, but nothing I can't live with as it really won't affect me much.
On a different forum
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Daspoot wrote:It means if this gets approved that they really better pray they don't find as much as a rock shaped like an arrow head in there.

Now, where was PIB all this time while this Development was bring proposed? Suddenly they show up at this point? It smells of confrontation, once again. I don't see a lot of progression/cooperation happening in the PIB these days. Sad they decided to elect Eneas as their chief.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

While I agree the optics of the statement aren't the best, I'm a long way from comparing Eneas to his predecessor, and there are many signs the PIB has turned a corner and is starting to make the best of their significant assets.

The smart money is with them, not against them.
On a different forum
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Daspoot wrote:While I agree the optics of the statement aren't the best, I'm a long way from comparing Eneas to his predecessor, and there are many signs the PIB has turned a corner and is starting to make the best of their significant assets.

The smart money is with them, not against them.

I believe they turned the corner alright but missed the street sign and headed back in the same direction as they came from. See anything happening on the other side of the bridge to nowhere lately? Also PIB stated that the water supply in Summerland may not be adequate for more development. Guess they don't know about Thirsk dam. The whole PIB involvement is just a stalling tactic, period.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Yes, the article/statement seems to raise a few significant questions and then not address them in any way.
On a different forum
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

This is simply a question out of not knowing. Does anyone know where Stewart Phillip is these days? What exactly is his role as Grand Chief?
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

I also had to laugh when I read that PIB talked about lack of water for Summerland future developments. They obviously have not been keeping up with the infastructure improvements that the City of Summerland has been making over the past few years.

Anything to slow progress and cause a ka-fuffle.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Exactly
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 2nd, 2017, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Try again without being racist. Thanks.

Return to “South Okanagan”