Construction Booming in Penticton :(

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Construction Booming in Penticton :(

Post by fluffy »

Exactly. I've been hanging around this neighbourhood off and on for close to fifty years, and finding work has never been an issue for me. I think some people expect too much, like a high paying job is a right and not a privilege you work towards with education and experience.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 13th, 2016, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Construction trades and Contractors are booked many many months out as there is a plethora of mid and high priced housing being built throughout the valley. Anybody that can swing a hammer with any accuracy at all is as busy, or busier than they want to be.

Go hang out at the contractor desk at the local hardware store and ask the first 10 trades people you see how busy they are.

Go to the local flooring store, plumbing, electrical, paint stores and ask if things are busy.

To say anything less is just wrong. I talk to an average of 2 trades people a day, if they aren't busy then they should have their pulse checked.
On a different forum
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Daspoot wrote:Construction trades and Contractors are booked many many months out as there is a plethora of mid and high priced housing being built throughout the valley. Anybody that can swing a hammer with any accuracy at all is as busy, or busier than they want to be.

Go hang out at the contractor desk at the local hardware store and ask the first 10 trades people you see how busy they are.

Go to the local flooring store, plumbing, electrical, paint stores and ask if things are busy.

To say anything less is just wrong. I talk to an average of 2 trades people a day, if they aren't busy then they should have their pulse checked.

An actual true assessment of the situation rather than the uniformed musing of the OP. I divested and moved away from the construction industry over three years ago and am still called almost daily being begged to help out.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “South Okanagan”