20k for seniors "healthy living" in Naramata

twobits
Guru

20k for seniors "healthy living" in Naramata

Post by twobits »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/ ... ect-funded

Am I just nuts or is this a *bleep* poor use of 20k of taxpayer dollars to support some seniors that can afford to buy real estate in a lakeside community in the Okanagan? If it had been Ollala or Keremeos, I might not have blinked, but for lord's sake, has anyone noticed what Naramata property is worth these days?

"We look forward to developing an age-friendly plan to ensure we provide a sustainable environment for all of our seniors, present and future, and this grant will help us do that," said district chairperson Karla Kozakevic. “The scenic community of Naramata on the east side of Okanagan Lake provides a high quality of life for all of its citizens, and is especially attractive to seniors.”

What this looks like is 20k of money for well off seniors in a community struggling to keep an elementary school open.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
southy
Lord of the Board

Re: 20k for seniors "healthy living" in Naramata

Post by southy »

twobits wrote:http://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/191372/Naramata-project-funded

Am I just nuts or is this a *bleep* poor use of 20k of taxpayer dollars to support some seniors that can afford to buy real estate in a lakeside community in the Okanagan? If it had been Ollala or Keremeos, I might not have blinked, but for lord's sake, has anyone noticed what Naramata property is worth these days?

"We look forward to developing an age-friendly plan to ensure we provide a sustainable environment for all of our seniors, present and future, and this grant will help us do that," said district chairperson Karla Kozakevic. “The scenic community of Naramata on the east side of Okanagan Lake provides a high quality of life for all of its citizens, and is especially attractive to seniors.”
What this looks like is 20k of money for well off seniors in a community struggling to keep an elementary school open.

And from rdos district chair Karla Kozakevic who it would appear has greater political aspirations!
madmudder
Board Meister

Re: 20k for seniors "healthy living" in Naramata

Post by madmudder »

What's the average house price in Naramata 1.3 Mill? Shame

Return to “South Okanagan”