Why?

elkrub

Why?

Post by elkrub »

Why is No one discussing this this poor young woman's Death? Its a shame this happend!
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#193177
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Why?

Post by Queen K »

I thought maybe out of respect that there is an ongoing trial with real lives on the line?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Queen K wrote:I thought maybe out of respect that there is an ongoing trial with real lives on the line?

Or maybe people realize there has got to be a background story that answers why a 70 yr old great grandmother that has never even gotten more than a speeding ticket killed someone and they want to wait until the facts come out before passing judgement.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

Almost all deaths are a shame. I've been following this story since it began and it has done nothing more than make me realize that murder isn't always black and white. I am quick, at times, to blame...I can see how what starts out as an argument can escalate quickly and I'm anxiously awaiting a verdict on this one.
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

elkrub wrote:Why is No one discussing this this poor young woman's Death?

Maybe because it's nobody's business but the families involved and the justice system?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

fluffy wrote:Maybe because it's nobody's business but the families involved and the justice system?

And what can one say to the drum beaters outside the court house trying to sway public opinion without being called a racist?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

elkrub

Post by elkrub »

Hope its more than time served......she new better.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Second degree. Guilty. Yup.

And here comes the endless appeals. Something has to end the appeal revolving door.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Queen K wrote:Second degree. Guilty. Yup.

And here comes the endless appeals. Something has to end the appeal revolving door.

This and the previous post are perfect examples of the dangers of assumptions made by available media info and what is actually introduced into evidence.
Your conclusion of "Guilty. Yup." might be different if you were told by someone that the great grandma had the child brought to her for care countless times because the parent, for some reason, was not available. Did you ever question the media portrayal of a devoted mother as the truth? Did you ever consider how a 70yr old woman without even a speeding ticket might have been forced to be an advocate for a 4 yr old child and things went terribly wrong? Instead, this whole thing seems to have become a "Hwy of Tears" politically correct bandwagon.
This trial would have been more informative if the whole history could have been exposed. But I suppose those are the safeguards of our judicial system. The same safeguards that get Hell's Angel's off just convicted a 70 yo great gma for 2nd degree murder IMHO.
Did she commit a crime? Ya....you bet.....and she is deserving of some judgment and consequence. But not 2nd degree murder.

I side with you on the need to limit appeals, but this case screams appeal and I hope there is one.
Last edited by twobits on Apr 8th, 2017, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

twobits wrote:
Queen K wrote:Second degree. Guilty. Yup.

This and the previous post are perfect examples of the dangers of assumptions made by available media info and what is actually introduced into evidence.
Your conclusion of "Guilty. Yup." might be different if you were told by someone that the great grandma had the child brought to her for care countless times because the parent, for some reason, was not available. Did you ever question the media portrayal of a devoted mother as the truth?
This trial would have been more informative if the whole history could have been exposed. But I suppose those are the safeguards of our judicial system. The same safeguards that get Hell's Angel's off just convicted a 70 yo great gma for 2nd degree murder IMHO.
Did she commit a crime? Ya....you bet.....and she is deserving of some judgment and consequence. But not 2nd degree murder.

I guess you'd better sign yourself up as a Judge because a Judge said otherwise. Second degree murder.

I side with you on the need to limit appeals, but this case screams appeal and I hope there is one.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Yup, and ignorance is always bliss eh?
Just suggesting to you that the whole story was not allowed to be heard, but hey, is that any surprise in the judicial system?

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The victim got pounded multiple times over and over. Regardless what the whole story might be, it wasn't a planned murder (First degree) but rather someone died due to actions, second degree murder.

I'm not the Judge, I just read the story and verdict.

Return to “South Okanagan”