Summerland landfill takes on more sewage?

RandyDandy
Fledgling

Re: Summerland landfill takes on more sewage?

Post by RandyDandy »

The Waterman intends on bringing the RDOS sewage/sludge/compost proposal back to Summerland on Tuesday night council after suffering a decimating vote of 6-1 the last time, his being the only assenting vote. I guess in the intervening period we the pubic will have reconsidered the situation and decided that we actually DO want to be drinking sewage and heavy metals. I guess we're lucky that he's giving us a second chance. Bigly.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

RandyDandy wrote:The Waterman intends on bringing the RDOS sewage/sludge/compost proposal back to Summerland on Tuesday night council after suffering a decimating vote of 6-1 the last time, his being the only assenting vote. I guess in the intervening period we the pubic will have reconsidered the situation and decided that we actually DO want to be drinking sewage and heavy metals. I guess we're lucky that he's giving us a second chance. Bigly.

It was Summerland voters that wanted a change and trounced the last incumbents. Is there a lesson to be learned about the devil you know and the folly of voting on emotion rather than rational thought?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
RandyDandy
Fledgling

Post by RandyDandy »

The mayoralty race was skewed somewhat by newcomer candidate dilution. Chances are ole " stop the swap" Pete might not have
Won the day had that not happened. It's a good lesson to have learned. Lame duck year coming up. Should be interesting.
Really hard to believe that he is revisiting this project. He obviously has no regard for the quality of our water and by extension, the residents of Summerland. One more year.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

RandyDandy wrote:The mayoralty race was skewed somewhat by newcomer candidate dilution. Chances are ole " stop the swap" Pete might not have
Won the day had that not happened. It's a good lesson to have learned. Lame duck year coming up. Should be interesting.
Really hard to believe that he is revisiting this project. He obviously has no regard for the quality of our water and by extension, the residents of Summerland. One more year.

Banks project aside, I am stunned that he got elected. Then again, I was stunned that Jakbite got elected and see how that turned out for Penticton folks.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

RandyDandy wrote:The mayoralty race was skewed somewhat by newcomer candidate dilution. Chances are ole " stop the swap" Pete might not have

It was once again shot down by council yesterday. Glad to see that. Waterman had two strike outs; not going to get a third chance. Might as well not even bother running for council next November; snowball's chance at winning.

The people and rest of council have spoken. Next subject. :smt045
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

pentona wrote:[

It was once again shot down by council yesterday. Glad to see that. Waterman had two strike outs; not going to get a third chance. Might as well not even bother running for council next November; snowball's chance at winning.

The people and rest of council have spoken. Next subject. :smt045

The more important thing to consider, is how this guy managed to win the election in the first place?? It was all about the "land swap" and that is scary that the electorate is stupid enough to vacate the old and bring in new on one issue alone. And to be clear, I have no skin in Summerland investment any longer so the compost or Banks development mean little to me except for entertainment.
It is just worrying to me how fickle voters have become and ignorant of the greater need of quality governance that they are willing to sweep clean virtually an entire elected body over one issue only to realize after the fact that the devil they knew before was actually superior.
It's actually kind of a redneck move.

old boy
Fledgling

Post by old boy »

I see that the RDOS is going to ask their top 2 site picks,Summerland and Marron Valley to reconsider their negative decisions in regards to this regional project. On the RDOS agenda for this coming Thurs.They apparently don't know what NO means!!!

Return to “South Okanagan”