Nelson Meikle passes.

Drip_Torch
Guru

Nelson Meikle passes.

Post by Drip_Torch »

Well, now that it’s out in public, the reality of this morning’s news is starting to set in.

A gentle giant in our community no longer walks amongst us. Nelson was one of those unique people blessed with a personality exponentially larger than the physical container that carried it through life. Best known for his efforts around Skaha Park and with the group Penticton Citizens first, he’s often been portrayed as a “dog with a bone”, but in my experience, there was much more to him than that.

I’ve met Nelson behind the scenes on many issues, - issues that really never became issues because they were worked out and settled. It’s safe to say Nelson had time for everyone, and while you might not always agree with him, you couldn’t walk away from him without knowing where he genuinely stood on things.

I’m not a writer and I won’t be able to string together the words that put this into perspective. I simply want, no need, to vent a little of my sadness with this news, and in doing so; I guess I’ve created a thread where others can do the same.

May he rest in peace - and may his family know that this community shares in their grief.

My condolences.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Nelson Meikle passes.

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “South Okanagan”