Skaha Lake Ok to Boat?

Sarahml

Skaha Lake Ok to Boat?

Post by Sarahml »

I've seen numerous - stay off the lake, beach closures around the Kelowna area.

We were thinking of heading to Skaha in our fishing boat to do some fishing. Does anyone know if boating is ok in Skaha? What are the conditions like?

Thanks!
Analtude

Re: Skaha Lake Ok to Boat?

Post by Analtude »

I just came back from the beach in OK Falls and the water level is higher than normal. Also, there wasn't any boats on the lake, so I can only guess the boat ban applies there too.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Analtude wrote:I just came back from the beach in OK Falls and the water level is higher than normal. Also, there wasn't any boats on the lake, so I can only guess the boat ban applies there too.

There is no ban on boating. Just a caution that it is not a good idea with the debris in the lake and a reminder that boat operators are liable for the shorline damage their boat wake causes.
Skaha is a little different. It does not have the major stream inputs into it that Okanagan Lake has that washes all the big lumber into the lake. The Skaha level is high though so the caution of mind your boat wake would be true too.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Analtude

Post by Analtude »

twobits wrote:
Analtude wrote:I just came back from the beach in OK Falls and the water level is higher than normal. Also, there wasn't any boats on the lake, so I can only guess the boat ban applies there too.

There is no ban on boating. Just a caution that it is not a good idea with the debris in the lake and a reminder that boat operators are liable for the shorline damage their boat wake causes.
Skaha is a little different. It does not have the major stream inputs into it that Okanagan Lake has that washes all the big lumber into the lake. The Skaha level is high though so the caution of mind your boat wake would be true too.

There ya go.
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

If you must boat head out to the side close to the highway, either before the campground or past it near Kaleden before the beach areas. Basically no shore houses there so you cant really cause any issues, however as stated there is a lot of crap in the water. I was in the water below the house today and there was a huge *bleep* log literally stuck in the mud and sticking up but a good 2-3 inches under water.

I tried to pull it out and drag it to shore but it was way to heavy for me to move, going down later with a buddy and a winch to see what we can figure out.

Would NOT be fun to hit that at speed.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “South Okanagan”