Post by southy »

All I can say is "Wow - really????"

http://pentictonherald.pressreader.com/ ... 7/textview
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: City has solution to parking woes!!

Post by vegas1500 »

:up:
Last edited by vegas1500 on Jun 7th, 2017, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

southy wrote:All I can say is "Wow - really????"

http://pentictonherald.pressreader.com/ ... 7/textview

What do you wanna bet that Max would like to see the starting point at the Barefoot Beach Resort? He didn't impress me one bit.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Is this a general dislike of the idea of park'n'rides?
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

spooker wrote:Is this a general dislike of the idea of park'n'rides?

Not at all; more the dislike of the "record" of the guy who is proposing it.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

No it's a general "shake my head" and ask what are these guys thinking? One contradicts the other and the other. What I want to know is who on the city payroll was given the job of checking everyone of those vacant parking spaces that Mr. Weeber speaks of. Also, over what period of time were these parking space checked and at what time? 2am - 10am - 4pm? Were they all metered spaces or parking lots or 2 hour parking. I think Mr. Weeber owes the citizens of Penticton just a tad more info on his study for it to become believable. But then again, Mr. Haddad says the downtown is going to be losing parking spaces??? And Max ... well yea ok. I guess all we have to figure out now is who is on first. Go figure.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Removed.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

The shear fact that parking spaces a ten minute walk to downtown is even considered downtown parking shows a total disconnect to reality of the City and it's demographics.
Does anyone see the irony in Max baby wanting to build a parkade somewhere out of downtown and shuttle bus the downtown employee's to work while it's only a ten minute walk for everyone else?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

What a stupid design of the 100 block. The election can't come soon enough.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

And how about the 2 and 300 blocks??? I try to avoid driving downtown as much as possible. It's just a mess!
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

southy wrote:And how about the 2 and 300 blocks??? I try to avoid driving downtown as much as possible. It's just a mess!

Lol, what's to avoid? Except for a cpl of restaurants one can visit in the evening when traffic is down, main street is just a road to get from point A to Band there are alternative routes thankfully. Stores valued at a buck can't be much of a draw despite the beautiful wide sidewalks and parking bollards.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Yup you're right Twobits - what is there to avoid. Those damn bollards and plastic vertical cones that direct you either left or right so that you know the street is turning into two lanes instead of three. Love the folks at Mykonos but can anyone tell me how they are getting away with putting in a cement seating area off the sidewalk? City used to allow for removable wooden seating areas. Have they now approved concrete? There goes a few more parking spaces. But hey who gives a damn about parking downtown - have you ever tried the old parallel parking downtown? Especially in the 200 and 100 blocks ... hell of an adventure.

Return to “South Okanagan”