Parkway light change

smoky500
Fledgling

Parkway light change

Post by smoky500 »

Has anyone even noticed that they have changed the signal pattern for the lights at the south end of the Parkway? When the left turn green arrow is flashing, the right turn light is now red. Why they did this is idiotic, why have to stop for the right turn? There will be no traffic coming if the left turn arrow is flashing, the through traffic has a red. Most people don't seem to have noticed as they just proceed through the red light. Kind of confusing because previously I have seen many people stop at the green flashing light for the right turn, LOL.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Parkway light change

Post by Bunnyhop »

I think its to allow for the pedestrian crossing signal. You can still make a right turn on the red light, after coming to a complete stop.

I noticed that there are signs saying "signal operation changed", is that the only change?
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

Maybe they realized having a right turn arrow was mundane and that the only idiotic thing is people stopped at a red light waiting to turn right.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

I came through there today. The top red light has always stayed red when the left turn arrow is flashing. There has been no change there. People stop, check for pedestrians and then turn right. There is no straight ahead there... it never ends well.

Return to “South Okanagan”