Cherry Lane Shopping Centre

my10cents

Cherry Lane Shopping Centre

Post by my10cents »

It's nice to see that the mall is doing a food court renovation. I hope it attracts more stores in the rest of the mall. I wonder about that.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Cherry Lane Shopping Centre

Post by Queen K »

The best thing to attract stores to a shopping mall right now is reasonable lease rates.
The revamped food court should be a bonus to shoppers, not a focal point.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

I'm looking forward to the food court renovation. I've noticed in the last year or so that the mall in general seems busier. The parking lot is always quite full and lots of shoppers carrying bags with their purchases. I'm not really a big shopper myself but theres a few stores I frequent. the Bay, Northern Reflections, London Drugs, Coles, and both shoe stores.

Would be nice if a decent restaurant moved in though. Ricky's was beyond awful. Cora's or Smitty's would be great.
my10cents

Post by my10cents »

Well I am all for a new food court - it is so old and dated. i noticed the outside gardens are being re done too. it's nice to see that being done.

Regarding reasonable lease rates: I have also heard mall management doesn't do the leasing anymore. Apparently it's some company (forget the name) that is based back east somewhere. I guess whoever owns the mall now figures locals aren't good enough to get stores in.

Penticton needs a facelift, not just the mall. I have also noticed a lot more of druggies and punks hanging around that mall - in the lots approaching people and/or looking for a cranny for their next fix. A friend told me that they saw someone shooting up in the parents room just by the food court how did they get away with that. Where is the security? Not enough security if this is happening I tend to stay away until that problem is fixed. Cherry lane not only needs a facelift, it needs a safe clean environment to shop in. I won't take my kids there now - last time we went there were drunks sleeping inside on the mall benches. :-X
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

my10cents wrote:Well I am all for a new food court - it is so old and dated. i noticed the outside gardens are being re done too. it's nice to see that being done.

Penticton needs a facelift, not just the mall. I have also noticed a lot more of druggies and punks hanging around that mall - in the lots approaching people and/or looking for a cranny for their next fix. A friend told me that they saw someone shooting up in the parents room just by the food court how did they get away with that. Where is the security? Not enough security if this is happening I tend to stay away until that problem is fixed. Cherry lane not only needs a facelift, it needs a safe clean environment to shop in. I won't take my kids there now - last time we went there were drunks sleeping inside on the mall benches. :-X

Oh please.

Updating the food court is great because it is updating that part of the mall.

I won't say there is no drug activity there, but what you descriibe as a full out epidemic...lmao

You are being so over the top about this...

Your post shows you are an embellishing nut job.

None of what you you posted is true. You are a flat out liar, posting to seem you are important.

I go to Cherry Lane quite often and the above mentioned drug situation is false.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Every time I pass by the food court I take a quick look, don't want them to catch me staring, at the demographic. The vast majority of time the overwhelming age group is in the "way older than me" group. I'm no spring chicken, being slightly above the average age of the population of this city.
Anything that helps change the gangs of seniors hanging out in the food court would be great. All those white haired rebel rousers and their coffees and talking with each other in groups, it's horrible. I'm scared of what might happen if I go in there to buy something. Very scary.
:biggrin:
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

My elderphobia kicks in everytime I walk by. For those that don't know the meaning of elderphobia .. the fear of coffee sipping seniors. [icon_lol2.gif]

PS: I'm one so back off or else ....
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

I don't even know which food outlets are at Cherry Lane and I've lived here since about 1974.

Orange Julius? Is it still there? What else?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
theseeker
Fledgling

Post by theseeker »

onestop67 wrote:
my10cents wrote:Well I am all for a new food court - it is so old and dated. i noticed the outside gardens are being re done too. it's nice to see that being done.

Oh please.

Updating the food court is great because it is updating that part of the mall.

I won't say there is no drug activity there, but what you descriibe as a full out epidemic...lmao

You are being so over the top about this...

Your post shows you are an embellishing nut job.

None of what you you posted is true. You are a flat out liar, posting to seem you are important.

I go to Cherry Lane quite often and the above mentioned drug situation is false.

Guru, where have you been hiding, *removed* I see the drug users all the time plus the vagrants on the benchs inside, I'm sorry they could be homeless. but up by the C.I.B.C. outside they have been hitting on vulnerable people Geez wake up Penticton, I've only been here since 2003 and "Nothing" has really changed........
Last edited by ferri on Jul 6th, 2017, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't make it personal please.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

Thinktank wrote:I don't even know which food outlets are at Cherry Lane and I've lived here since about 1974.

Orange Julius? Is it still there? What else?

NOOOO!!! Orange Julius shut down about 6 months (maybe a bit longer) ago. That was my favourite...I guess crack heads don't like hot dogs and juice!!!
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

theseeker wrote:Guru, where have you been hiding, I see the drug users all the time plus the vagrants on the benchs inside, I'm sorry they could be homeless. but up by the C.I.B.C. outside they have been hitting on vulnerable people Geez wake up Penticton, I've only been here since 2003 and "Nothing" has really changed....

It's not like I don't see anything happening there, but it really isn't as bad as you make it out in the above comment.

There are people begging for nickles all over town. It is NOT an epidemic at Cherry Lane. I do like that you called me "Guru" though. That shows respect that I must know more than you, or you wouldn't have called me that esteemed title.

You've only been here for 14 years? So you are using that amount of time you've lived here to support your bullcrap? I get it now. My opinion is that you just think that everyone else should consider homelessness as something that Penticton should not tolerate, or try to cure, but just eradicate.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

JagXKR wrote:Every time I pass by the food court I take a quick look, don't want them to catch me staring, at the demographic. The vast majority of time the overwhelming age group is in the "way older than me" group. I'm no spring chicken, being slightly above the average age of the population of this city.
Anything that helps change the gangs of seniors hanging out in the food court would be great. All those white haired rebel rousers and their coffees and talking with each other in groups, it's horrible. I'm scared of what might happen if I go in there to buy something. Very scary.
:biggrin:

Heyyyyyyy, prepare to taste Hickory....Punk.....
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??

Return to “South Okanagan”