GoPetition to Cancel military display at PeachFest

What_the
Übergod

Re: GoPetition to Cancel military display at PeachFest

Post by What_the »

From excitement no doubt :biggrin:
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

It's perfectly fine, in my view, to be afraid of things that trigger traumatic circumstances or experiences. If a demonstration involving military aircraft is one of those triggers, we're people fully capable of negating our participation in these events.

For those of us who enjoy these types of events, they should be readily available for us to participate in. Canada's roots, like it or not, are deep within our military past.

I've never once had an issue with a person or group deciding what's they want to, or not want to, do. But the moment that someone attempts to force their preferences on others is the exact moment that I oppose.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Laurane

Post by Laurane »

I would donate a movie ticket for the time the show is on......preferably for a noisy movie to drown out the noise of the planes.

But that might trigger that person too. Better just buy some ear plugs and live in a silent world.....under the bed or in the closet.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

f/22 wrote:In fact, with all that money flying around, I want compensation for leaving the area while the show is on.

Are you friggen serious??? What's next in your search for entitlement payments? Gas money while you search out grocery stores that sell only non GMO veggies. Post your contact information and 99% of residents will probably contribute to moving expenses for you to a location more suited to your sensitivities.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

FreeRights wrote:I've never once had an issue with a person or group deciding what's they want to, or not want to, do. But the moment that someone attempts to force their preferences on others is the exact moment that I oppose.

Hear, hear.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

You will probably see this more and more i think....with the states and North Korea and nukes we may see more of this? or mushroom clouds
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Personally I don't see the connection between the Snowbirds and the perception of military bravado. Okay, I do but the connection is at best tenuous. These are precision pilots showing off non-military skills, it's not like parading nuclear missiles through Red Square..
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
abraham
Fledgling

Post by abraham »

I'm guessing your between 55-75years old and don't have a wife? people these days complain and protest over the most ridiculous things! REALLY trying to put a end to the snowbirds show? good luck with that buddy! In your article you go from multiple negatives that include, costing tax payers, the loud noise the planes make, post traumatic stress, indigenous past etc etc.... you need to find something more constructive to do with your time instead of trying to create a petition to end the snowbirds(which will never happen) and stop trying to ruin others enjoyment of these fantastic machines perform! Cmon now, do you really need to take it as far as trying to petition to stop this event? Just stop and ask yourself, "do I really have nothing better to do with my time? And as far as your comment about "compensation" cause you left town during this event, should do everyone a favor and not come back! Your a joke!
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Isn't it amazing these days that things in Canada are so good that we now look to the Snowbirds as something to complain about?

Great time to be alive!

:up:

Return to “South Okanagan”