Barefoot Beach Access

Dawnland
Board Meister

Re: Barefoot Beach Access

Post by Dawnland »

Anonymous123 wrote:Kirk Cartwright, not Cur

My apologies for the misspelling, the mistake was made in a rush to post on my break and I did not do my due diligence and ensure the name was correct. I have now corrected the spelling on the original post.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:Now that in the last 10 years the Indigenous people can collect their own taxes on their land it will be very interesting to see where they take their businesses and partnerships. I would gladly pay a fee to use a well maintained beach, that maybe even had "luxury" services like delivery of food or wine/beer. Man, even come around with floaties for the kids, have nice deck loungers, shade gazebos, sand toys. And a lifeguard! Wow I would love it if I could have a few beers or a glass of wine and the kids were being professionally watched by a lifeguard (I'm not talking about getting drunk - so save your righteous indignation).

I would love to see that too. But the reality is the locatee, for whatever reason, chose not to renew the lease. And instead of an entrepreneurial venture as you suggest, the whole area went to crap with weeds and over flowing garbage cans.
The taxpayers may have inadvertently saved money on the lease payment but in lieu, we gained about 1000 ft of crapat the south entrance to the City. Great first impression eh?
In fairness, I think Picton and the Barefoot resort should take most of the blame for this as the lease was conveniently terminated when his venture started.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Laurane

Post by Laurane »

Most of the people using the Airport Beach have dogs which can exercise and play in the water - it is so convenient for our family and we don't mind the weeds too much. We also live on PIB land as non-natives and recognize the problems they have with ownership and responsibility and some things not getting done.

Return to “South Okanagan”