Closing part of lake for Snowbirds

pentona
Übergod

Re: Closing part of lake for Snowbirds

Post by pentona »

JagXKR wrote:Although the lake or the parks may be too crowded for you the show always has a center where crossovers etc happen. That is usually near the Peach. So when you see the planes coming at each other and then pass by each other that point is usually at the show center. There are some low flyovers in formation that come straight from the north that head directly also to show center. Kinda cool watching a formation fly right at you and over top your head at a low level. You can "feel" them.

If this smoke doesn't clear by Weds, I wouldn't expect much formation flying. More likely singles and no cross-overs. Never seen the birds come in like they did today. Instrument Flight Rules- two or three at a time. Obviously not flying in normal formation from wherever they came from due to the limited visibility.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: Closing part of lake for Snowbirds

Post by JagXKR »

Last show was Springbank more than a week ago. The Quesnel show was cancelled back in July. No idea where they departed from. Maybe went back to Moose Jaw then here?
2 years ago when the Birds left for Abottsford they took off 2-3 at a time. I watched it from my house. Weather was fine, clouds above the mountain tops for sure. VFR day. A better day than the day they performed. Delayed due showers.

http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/en/sno ... edule.page
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Return to “South Okanagan”