Old Carl's Jr.

JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: Old Carl's Jr.

Post by JagXKR »

Drove by it today and saw the "for lease" signs. Weird how it got completed and then Starbucks pulled out? Or were they never really going in there in the first place.
And logman, I think it's indigenous bridge. :biggrin:
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

I thought it was called 'the bridge to nowhere'.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

Cactusflower wrote:I thought it was called 'the bridge to nowhere'.

That's the one further south on the Channel Parkway, but now it's called the bridge to Nissan.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

JagXKR wrote:Drove by it today and saw the "for lease" signs. Weird how it got completed and then Starbucks pulled out? Or were they never really going in there in the first place.
And logman, I think it's indigenous bridge. :biggrin:

Are you certain that the "For Lease" sign was on the exact building in Question and not just one of the other offices in that mini strip mall? Someone went to a fair bit of trouble renovating the old Carl's Jr., including changing the entire parking lot/drive-thru. I kinda doubt that they would bail on it now.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

pentona wrote:
Are you certain that the "For Lease" sign was on the exact building in Question and not just one of the other offices in that mini strip mall? Someone went to a fair bit of trouble renovating the old Carl's Jr., including changing the entire parking lot/drive-thru. I kinda doubt that they would bail on it now.

It was on the Carl's building on the north side of it. I was driving eastbound on Industrial when I saw it to my right. I did not get a look at it other than the "for lease" part. It may be for other spots but the sign is definitely on the "old" Carl's. I found it very strange.
Giants Head
Fledgling

Post by Giants Head »

I know the woman who will be the manager of this new Starbucks location. It is on schedule to open this fall and will be one of the largest Starbucks in B.C. The building has been divided to create one other storefront so that explains the For Lease sign that is hanging on the building.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

A Starbucks resevere would be nice.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Giants Head wrote:I know the woman who will be the manager of this new Starbucks location. It is on schedule to open this fall and will be one of the largest Starbucks in B.C. The building has been divided to create one other storefront so that explains the For Lease sign that is hanging on the building.

Now I do not find it strange. Thanks for the update.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:I hate the seating at 7-11. I can't find the plug in for my charger, I can't find the store newspapers to read for free. I like the people watching at Starbucks better,, and finally I dont like the 7-11coffee that much.
Also if I am meeting someone to discuss pricing or a sale, and suggest meeting at 7-11 they wont call again...
So the short version, I can't afford to go there.
Plenty of ways to save a bit of money, but sitting on a greasy sidewalk to drink my coffee is not on the list.
But apparently it works for some..

7/11 does have plug ins for your charger.....120v and USB. I charge mine at home or in the vehicle though. There are papers right there for you to read. People watching?? Suppose that is a personal preference. So is mine at preferring coffee that doesn't taste burnt. As far as "closing the deal" at Starbucks.....I wouldn't call you again if you suggested 7/11 or Starbucks. I just grab coffee to go. If you can't afford an office or a decent eatery to meet in lieu, you should re evaluate your business strategy.
As an aside, if anyone invited me to a business meet at Starbucks, I would immediately think that anyone who would pay those prices for IMO an inferior and overpriced product, does not watch the bottom line and I will ultimately be paying for his/her largess and poor evaluation of value.
I'd be much more impressed with a 10 dollar lunch than a 5 dollar coffee.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

JagXKR wrote:
It was on the Carl's building on the north side of it. I was driving eastbound on Industrial when I saw it to my right. I did not get a look at it other than the "for lease" part. It may be for other spots but the sign is definitely on the "old" Carl's. I found it very strange.

I walked by the building today, closely. No sign of any For Lease sign on it, other than a large one out Front on Main Street, facing West. There is no indication that its anything other than an available lease for one of the other buildings in that mini outdoor mall.

Even took a peak in the windows at the old Carl's building; does not appear to be split in two, as someone suggested might be the case.
Darkre
Board Meister

Post by Darkre »

There is a huge for lease sign on the side of the building that faces Industrial. Was driving past today and saw it but couldn't read all the details.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

twobits wrote:
60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:I hate the seating at 7-11. I can't find the plug in for my charger, I can't find the store newspapers to read for free. I like the people watching at Starbucks better,, and finally I dont like the 7-11coffee that much.
Also if I am meeting someone to discuss pricing or a sale, and suggest meeting at 7-11 they wont call again...
So the short version, I can't afford to go there.
Plenty of ways to save a bit of money, but sitting on a greasy sidewalk to drink my coffee is not on the list.
But apparently it works for some..

7/11 does have plug ins for your charger.....120v and USB. I charge mine at home or in the vehicle though. There are papers right there for you to read. People watching?? Suppose that is a personal preference. So is mine at preferring coffee that doesn't taste burnt. As far as "closing the deal" at Starbucks.....I wouldn't call you again if you suggested 7/11 or Starbucks. I just grab coffee to go. If you can't afford an office or a decent eatery to meet in lieu, you should re evaluate your business strategy.
As an aside, if anyone invited me to a business meet at Starbucks, I would immediately think that anyone who would pay those prices for IMO an inferior and overpriced product, does not watch the bottom line and I will ultimately be paying for his/her largess and poor evaluation of value.
I'd be much more impressed with a 10 dollar lunch than a 5 dollar coffee.

I have never had a 5 dollar coffee so I don't know what it's like.
Apparently many people do not have a problem conducting business in a coffee shop, even if you do jot like it.
When I had a shopm it was hard to have a non distracted conversation in there m due to either the surroundings or unexpected drop in visitors. The world has changed, meeting in coffee shops are very common.
Your inferior product as you call it, seems to be doing very well. Not everyone has the same taste thankfully..
And please don't put Starbucks and 7-11 in the same category it's silly.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Are the other three Starbucks in Penticton just not doing it?
Giants Head
Fledgling

Post by Giants Head »

There is actually four in town this will be number five.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Seems excessive for Penticton.
Guess they know what they are doing when it comes to coffee.
Maybe not so much with tea with all Teavana locations about to close.

Return to “South Okanagan”