Cannabis, Marijuana the Legalization of it.

theseeker
Fledgling

Cannabis, Marijuana the Legalization of it.

Post by theseeker »

Well what are we going to do, we know Bill C-----n said he never inhaled it. I'm talking about the legalization of it, Dope, Mary-Jane, what ever you want to call it for recreational use on July 1st 2018, "Canada" day. Imagine someone saying to you, yes I can I can smoke here I'm 3 meter's from that opening, and Oh, I can have 33 grams on my possession, Oh and I can have 4 plants in my house if my landlord say's it's okay [NOT] It all brings back memories of my teen age years Wood stock, Oh and my young adult years, Oh and my adult years, my senior years I can do it legally. Whataya think my friends, well maybe 2 of you?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Cannabis, Marijuana the Legalization of it.

Post by maryjane48 »

theseeker wrote:Well what are we going to do, we know Bill C-----n said he never inhaled it. I'm talking about the legalization of it, Dope, Mary-Jane, what ever you want to call it for recreational use on July 1st 2018, "Canada" day. Imagine someone saying to you, yes I can I can smoke here I'm 3 meter's from that opening, and Oh, I can have 33 grams on my possession, Oh and I can have 4 plants in my house if my landlord say's it's okay [NOT] It all brings back memories of my teen age years Wood stock, Oh and my young adult years, Oh and my adult years, my senior years I can do it legally. Whataya think my friends, well maybe 2 of you?

lol you would make a good advertisment for the movie reefer madness . other than that canada has more important things to worry about than false hysteria :130:
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

In comparison with alcohol, pot is a much safer drug. But with any form of consciousness altering the user should first ask themselves "Why?", answer themselves honestly and go from there.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
RandyDandy
Fledgling

Post by RandyDandy »

fluffy wrote:In comparison with alcohol, pot is a much safer drug. But with any form of consciousness altering the user should first ask themselves "Why?", answer themselves honestly and go from there.

Yoga is consciousness altering. As is beer. But not the "5" plants you'll be allowed to grow....if they're MALE. If you had 10 male plants could you still get busted? Where is the fine print?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Laws are laws, and we'll have a bunch of new ones.
It's not usually to see people with open liquor walking the sidewalk, outside retail locations, restaurants etc. how is this any different ?
I'll post a notice when y'all can get out from under your beds.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The July long weekend in 2018 should really be something. I think I'll get a supply of beer, wine, and stuff for the barbecue and just stay off the roads for a few days until the gong show...... I mean bong show subsides.
RandyDandy
Fledgling

Post by RandyDandy »

Government will beget a new Ministry of Marijuana, hire thousands of people, thousands of computers, rent offices all over the country, have a minister, and assistant minister and a parliamentary secretary, none of which who will have a clue what they are doing or what they SHOULD be doing, eating up all of the "profits" the government thought it would create. That's hardly fair...they will have created um...jobs! Lots of jobs. Here's a thought, Dan Albas, who has much to say about everything...just legalize it, like potatoes, and forget about it. The crap about saving our young people from the evils of devil weed is just crap when they already know 10 people they can score a joint from. We're just going down the alcohol/Tobacco Road again, same story, just different actors.
Throw money away. It's only taxpayers money, right?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

RandyDandy wrote:Yoga is consciousness altering. As is beer.

So is a cup of coffee. It's a matter of balancing the need or desire for a particular substance or practice with potential risks and downsides. If your answer to the "Why" question isn't something you're honestly comfortable with then your best choice should be clear.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

RandyDandy wrote:Government will beget a new Ministry of Marijuana, hire thousands of people, thousands of computers, rent offices all over the country, have a minister, and assistant minister and a parliamentary secretary, none of which who will have a clue what they are doing or what they SHOULD be doing, eating up all of the "profits" the government thought it would create. That's hardly fair...they will have created um...jobs! Lots of jobs. Here's a thought, Dan Albas, who has much to say about everything...just legalize it, like potatoes, and forget about it. The crap about saving our young people from the evils of devil weed is just crap when they already know 10 people they can score a joint from. We're just going down the alcohol/Tobacco Road again, same story, just different actors.
Throw money away. It's only taxpayers money, right?

Bureaucracy breeds more bureaucrats.

Spelling may be wrong, but results are still the same.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Catsumi wrote:Bureaucracy breeds more bureaucrats.

A pervasive problem at all levels. Tack the word "government" on to any job, be it hired, elected, appointed or contracted, and people think easy money. Is there any reason to think it will be different with marijuana production and distribution?
RandyDandy
Fledgling

Post by RandyDandy »

Some of us have been around the block enough times to know that prohibition and legislated morality don't work.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

RandyDandy wrote:Some of us have been around the block enough times to know that prohibition and legislated morality don't work.

Isn't the pending legalization putting a stop to that?
RandyDandy
Fledgling

Post by RandyDandy »

Legalization (uh-huh) with a twist and benefits more likely, like taxation and pages of "regulations" and as I said previously, a new burocratic enclave That would rival NAFTA, which, btw would also have to be considered if "legalization" was a government sponsored and endorsed initiative. Multiple levels of government would be clamouring to get their share of the spoils and just think of what Interior Health and other like agencies would do with it. Spooky. Don't be fooled. "Legalization" is only the tip of the iceberg.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

So you're not in favour of the proposed legislation? I'm not sure where your coming from here.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

I like fluffy, then I like Randy dandy, then fluffy again. The rest is yada yada yada.
Personally, commenting on a nation's post reefer madness policy, we have some learning to do. Whatever legislation is brought forward to begin forth right, is, and always going to be a "living document". We're still tweaking dui laws 40 years later e.g..

This move forward, I consider to be the best any gov't has made in decades. The fact the federal liberal platform was elected spells plain as day that the majority of Canadians feel it was over due. We've separated regular folk from predatory criminals.

Meh, my 2 cents. I hate most voters anyway. They don't reflect reality.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8

Return to “South Okanagan”