DPA Irregularities investigation

DPA Irregularities investigation

Postby OllyV » Sep 27th, 2017, 6:20 am

What ever happened to the investigation into the irregularities in the DPA finances?

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/197076/dpa-finances-probed

I hope this isn't going to get dropped by the RCMP because it is hard work to prove.
These things are never going to end if the people who take advantage of those they are entrusted to represent aren't held accountable by the law.

Basically the people whose money was misused become victimized twice. Once by the perpetrator(s) and again by the RCMP who appear indifferent.

I hope that isn't the case.
OllyV

Liked in: 2 posts

Re: DPA Irregularities investigation

Postby Darkre » Sep 27th, 2017, 9:06 am

It's only been 10 months since the RCMP received the file. The RCMP would have handed the file over to their team of forensic auditors for a much more comprehensive evaluation. While a regular audit of the books can say that something doesn't seem to add up, the RCMP need to investigate to a much higher standard plus if there is an issue they need to figure out who exactly caused it. These things take a lot of time as the person committing the fraud is usually smart enough to not write out a bunch of cheques to themselves.

It's also possible that there was a reasonable explanation for the irregularities and it was really a non issue.

OllyV likes this post.
Darkre
Board Meister

Liked in: 55 posts

Postby OllyV » Sep 27th, 2017, 10:56 am

Darkre wrote:It's only been 10 months since the RCMP received the file. The RCMP would have handed the file over to their team of forensic auditors for a much more comprehensive evaluation. While a regular audit of the books can say that something doesn't seem to add up, the RCMP need to investigate to a much higher standard plus if there is an issue they need to figure out who exactly caused it. These things take a lot of time as the person committing the fraud is usually smart enough to not write out a bunch of cheques to themselves.

It's also possible that there was a reasonable explanation for the irregularities and it was really a non issue.

Those seem like reasonable possibilities.
OllyV

Postby OllyV » Nov 22nd, 2017, 6:28 am

OllyV

Postby twobits » Nov 22nd, 2017, 6:44 pm

It certainly makes for interesting speculation but it is only speculation. I can understand the employer position on lack of comment on the termination of employment however. I have learned that it is wise to say essentially nothing, remain neutral to positive if anything, when asked for a reference for a terminated employee. Our laws open the potential for lawsuits for defamation that cost way too much.
The pendulum has swung so far that I offer "no comment" to any reference inquiry about a terminated employee or rental tenant that has been evicted.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 2092 posts

Return to South Okanagan