SOEC will be busy!

twobits
Guru

Re: SOEC will be busy!

Post by twobits »

If you want people to attend a venue, make it easy for them to attend. If there are few cabs, and even fewer public transit buses, making people horse trade to get there is not a sound business model. This is not Vancouver or even Ktown for lords sake. The demographic draw here is 40 miles. Bottom line is provide some parking for the demographic draw or get chitty numbers. People will only circle the block a few times for a few shows before they say "ef it, it ain't worth the hassle.
We don't have a Sky Train station at the SOEC for cripes sake. Yet they keep building on the available real estate at the expense of parking that the people need in order to attend. Seems rather stupid to me without a transportation plan beyond a "horse trade" for a ride.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

I think more people look at the parking issue and come up with a solution themselves, than look at the issue and wait for somebody else to come up with a solution for them. I don’t hear about small crowds at these events, so people are finding a way to get there and home again.

“Nobody goes there anymore, it’s too crowded” - Yogi Berra.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

twobits wrote:If you want people to attend a venue, make it easy for them to attend. If there are few cabs, and even fewer public transit buses, making people horse trade to get there is not a sound business model. This is not Vancouver or even Ktown for lords sake. The demographic draw here is 40 miles. Bottom line is provide some parking for the demographic draw or get chitty numbers. People will only circle the block a few times for a few shows before they say "ef it, it ain't worth the hassle.
We don't have a Sky Train station at the SOEC for cripes sake. Yet they keep building on the available real estate at the expense of parking that the people need in order to attend. Seems rather stupid to me without a transportation plan beyond a "horse trade" for a ride.

No , no ,NO ... If the event is that good ( like Foreigner was) , expect a crowd . A big one .. Then throw an October Fest in the mix and consider it's Saturday night in "cabin fever" season and all Hell is gonna break loose .. AND , They will come..

I'll bet that there isn't one service industry worker or owner that didn't make tonnes of money that they really need this close to Christmas and of the 3? thousand + people that attended that one concert alone , only a few are moaning about parking..

Live it ... LOVE it !! Enjoy the fact that Penticton has "stuff to do " ..

We aren't so lucky here in Ktown...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

MAPearce .. We just want parking improved so that loyal neighbors like yourself will love coming down here even more. :D
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

southy wrote:MAPearce .. We just want parking improved so that loyal neighbors like yourself will love coming down here even more. :D

Ok .... But when we come to Penticton we plan for it , parking included . We've never had to walk more than a block for one those fabulous Capitol burgers.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

I think for the most part the general public will put forth the effort to either a) show up early to get parking b) find a ride be it a friend or a cab (if its a cab be smart and call them a few hours ahead of time to book a time) its not hard, its like taking your wife out for dinner on valentines day, if your an idiot and dont plan ahead your SOL. It amazes me that all you hear about is more parking, more parking, more parking... say they build another 400 spots... then what too much traffic, too much traffic, too much traffic. I'd say the 6000+ people around the SOEC on Saturday seemed to find a way to get there and probably had a great time in doing so.

Return to “South Okanagan”