Head-on crash kills woman

fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Head-on crash kills woman

Post by fall »

Call it what it is, was it an accident or a senior who probably should not have been driving, especially on a highway at 10 30.
I'm sorry but your reflexes and alertness at that age are not great.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

fall wrote:Call it what it is, was it an accident or a senior who probably should not have been driving, especially on a highway at 10 30.
I'm sorry but you reflexes and alertness at that age are not great.

The exact same can be said about those that have yet reached the age of 35 years old. PLUS they don't have the acquired life experience and respect.
Bring back the LIKE button.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

alanjh595 wrote:
The exact same can be said about those that have yet reached the age of 35 years old. PLUS they don't have the acquired life experience and respect.

Are we talking 35 or 16? Big gap there, I hope anyone near 35 has some life experience.
Anyone under 35 probably has decent vision, quick reflexes, not on medication, and are generally healthy.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Would a senior with a lifetime of driving experience from oh I don't know, let's say Alberta who is used to flat roads and minimal sharp curves have the same experience on the roads around here?
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

fall wrote:Too bad a 72 year old thought he was fine to drive on a highway at 10 30 at night and killed an innocent young lady.

I hope you take the time to save this and re-read your comments when you’re 72.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

I hope I am able to recognize if and when I shouldn't be driving at 72, providing my mind is still there.
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

fall wrote:I hope I am able to recognize if and when I shouldn't be driving at 72, providing my mind is still there.

My Grandpa realized he shouldn't be driving and gave it up on his own. All seniors should be like this. Sadly there's that "I am not old, I am still young" attitude in so many. Wasn't too long ago someone smashed through a window cause they confused the pedals. This is all unacceptable and should be treated the same as if he was a drunk driver.
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Yea, because never has an able-bodied 21; 31; 41; 51 or 61 year old et al ever crossed the centerline and caused a head-on crash. These threads bashing seniors are just as predictable as when a supposed pit bull bites someone.
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

WalterWhite wrote:Yea, because never has an able-bodied 21; 31; 41; 51 or 61 year old et al ever crossed the centerline and caused a head-on crash. These threads bashing seniors are just as predictable as when a supposed pit bull bites someone.

I'd be saying the same thing regardless of age. If you are in a condition that will cause your driving to be impaired then get the *bleep* off the road. Whether that be alcohol, mental illness, bad eye sight, age etc. Get out of the car if you can't be safe 100% of the time.
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

BigBearBruno wrote:
My Grandpa realized he shouldn't be driving and gave it up on his own. All seniors should be like this. Sadly there's that "I am not old, I am still young" attitude in so many. Wasn't too long ago someone smashed through a window cause they confused the pedals. This is all unacceptable and should be treated the same as if he was a drunk driver.

Many also think that driving is their right no matter what.
Disoriented seniors are smashing into buildings every other week, it's common place.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

WalterWhite wrote:Yea, because never has an able-bodied 21; 31; 41; 51 or 61 year old et al ever crossed the centerline and caused a head-on crash. These threads bashing seniors are just as predictable as when a supposed pit bull bites someone.

The seniors defending seniors are also just as predictable, so are the rebuttals justifying their driving compared to other drivers.
" Bashing seniors" that's exactly what they are doing when running into things.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

BigBearBruno wrote:I'd be saying the same thing regardless of age.

You specifically targeted seniors earlier. This driver crossed the center line - all ages have done that. The reason hasn't been given and there are too many list. Fell asleep? Medical issue? Distracted driving? Impaired? All ages are guilty.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

So sorry for the lady who died. Not fair to blame this on the age of the other driver. I see tons of young people weaving all over the road while they're messing with their phones. Who knows what caused the other driver to cross the centerline but it's totally possible that it had nothing to do with being 72 (which I wouldn't consider to be old).
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

techrtr wrote:So sorry for the lady who died. Not fair to blame this on the age of the other driver. I see tons of young people weaving all over the road while they're messing with their phones. Who knows what caused the other driver to cross the centerline but it's totally possible that it had nothing to do with being 72 (which I wouldn't consider to be old).

I agree. Drive around Kelowna for a day and you'll see all sorts of bad, ignorant, dangerous driving from all ages.

The lady yesterday who blocked an entire intersection was maybe 40 (35 if she's had a hard life). Honked at her and shook my head. Got the finger in return and an expression that said "what am I supposed to do?". Maybe learn to drive.

If there was much better enforcement on the road, half of Kelowna drivers would be off the road in a few years time. Better for other drivers, reduced traffic, and more idiots having to take the bus instead of driving around like entitled cretins.

One thing I recommend you all do if you see an old coot driving really badly is report it to RCMP and also report it to Roadsafety BC. They will get sent in for a retest at ICBC.

Don't whine. Make a difference.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...

Return to “South Okanagan”