Lack of Respect

Lack of Respect

Postby Anonymous123 » Nov 5th, 2017, 8:59 am

https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/210641/Lack-of-respect-for-elders

I would hope this is an isolated event and not indicative of the attitude held by hockey parents in Penticton.
We See
We Judge
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 917 posts

Re: Lack of Respect

Postby GordonH » Nov 5th, 2017, 9:10 am

A :cuss: holes will always be unfortunately a :cuss: holes, sorry these people happen to find some.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5606 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Bsuds » Nov 5th, 2017, 9:17 am

These are the same type of "adults" who expect their offspring to make the NHL and will teach them to be ignorant little A :cuss: s as well.

2 people like this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 8901 posts

Postby southy » Nov 5th, 2017, 9:35 am

Anonymous123 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/210641/Lack-of-respect-for-elders

I would hope this is an isolated event and not indicative of the attitude held by hockey parents in Penticton.

Unfortunately I do not believe this is an isolated event. I used to go watch my nephews from Salmon Arm play when they came to town. No more due to complete and utter ignorance of both Salmon Arm parents and those from Penticton and other cities. How can this cycle of ignorance change when the kids on and off the ice are subjected to cruel judgements. There were times when I wished I was 6 foot 5 and 250 pounds ... Seems like nothing short of a cuff across the side of the head will make these :cuss: :cuss: understand. This may sound out of line, however, I have tried talking them ...not a pleasant experience.
Last edited by southy on Nov 5th, 2017, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bsuds likes this post.
southy
Übergod

Liked in: 452 posts

Postby seewood » Nov 5th, 2017, 9:37 am

Simple solution...ban parents from the games....

Doubt if that would go over well when it makes the news cycle. Perhaps then, courtesy would become important and behavior might improve.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
Board Meister

Liked in: 375 posts

Postby southy » Nov 5th, 2017, 9:39 am

Seewood that has happened yet the cycle continues.
southy
Übergod

Liked in: 452 posts

Postby JagXKR » Nov 5th, 2017, 9:41 am

And this is indeed an unpleasant event IF the story from the one side is 100% true. My experience has shown that many times those who complain the loudest are the ones at fault. As only one side has been told I will wait to hear from anyone else that was there that was part of this event. Until then I will not vilify people based on one persons possibly slanted view. I've been burned before defending someone without knowing the whole story. Never again.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
JagXKR
Board Meister

Liked in: 424 posts

Postby pentona » Nov 5th, 2017, 9:42 am

seewood wrote:Simple solution...ban parents from the games....

Doubt if that would go over well when it makes the news cycle. Perhaps then, courtesy would become important and behavior might improve.

I believe this happened on the Island a while back; parents were banned for a while for bad behaviour (how childish). I see it in not just hockey but Soccer as well. Parents go nuts on the sidelines, yelling and screaming while the kids on the field are just trying to have fun. Doesn't set a very good example.

Bsuds likes this post.
pentona
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 298 posts

Postby JBX » Nov 5th, 2017, 12:35 pm

southy wrote:
Anonymous123 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/210641/Lack-of-respect-for-elders

Unfortunately I do not believe this is an isolated event. I used to go watch my nephews from Salmon Arm play when they came to town. No more due to complete and utter ignorance of both Salmon Arm parents and those from Penticton and other cities. How can this cycle of ignorance change when the kids on and off the ice are subjected to cruel judgements. There were times when I wished I was 6 foot 5 and 250 pounds ... Seems like nothing short of a cuff across the side of the head will make these :cuss: :cuss: understand. This may sound out of line, however, I have tried talking them ...not a pleasant experience.

I am 6'8 and 280 pounds and let me tell you it doesn't matter with these idiots. Some Hockey parents are the worst parents on the planet, they have utterly zero comprehension of consequences for their actions and believe they are immune, so unless you want to risk assault charges it's best to just avoid them.

In this case however if I was there I would have certainly needed to walk up that aisle and over/through that *bleep* hat trying to intimidate a little of old lady, pathetic.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
JBX
Fledgling

Liked in: 234 posts

Return to South Okanagan