Wrist broken during arrest

Tony
Übergod

Wrist broken during arrest

Post by Tony »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... ing-arrest

Ahhhh... boo hoo.. you were arrested for multiple things, included resisting arrest. You're lucky we don't live south of the 49th, cause your a$$ would have been shot.

Maybe if you hadn't picked a fight with the Police, they wouldn't have had to take you down. They are trained to do that, just so you know.

Zero sympathy with this dude.
tracee

Re: Wrist broken during arrest

Post by tracee »

this poor fella should of had both wrists broke during his arrest for his offences ...if he wasn't doing criminal acts his wrist would be fine
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

if he is capable of making six figures as a heavy duty equipment operator then why is he stealing ??
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

W105 wrote:if he is capable of making six figures as a heavy duty equipment operator then why is he stealing ??

Being capable of making six figures, and actually making six figures are two different things. Based on his list of offences, I think his broken wrist won't be as much of a set-back to his career as a thing called random drug testing for employees.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

What is wrong with all of you ?

First, you evade arrest, you fight with police, you get what you get, BUT just enough to be arrested nothing more. If you get your wrist broken, too bad so sad.

BUT now that's over. It is the responsibility of the authorities to insure the suspect is properly cared for. That is what we do in our society.

Two days to get treatment ? Shattered wrist ? Needs to be rebroken to properly heal ?

Just plain wrong. Trouble brewing here.
Last edited by my5cents on Dec 15th, 2017, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

I think that's why the judge Is asking for the hospital records, to see who is telling the truth. I agree, if the police withheld treatment for two days, that does not look good for them and opens the door for a lawsuit. Maybe Mr. Badguy will be making six figures again.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... or-hold-up ,ya that it ,its the cops fault :200: only in kelowna, the guy if a junkie goof with a criminal record a mile long,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

When somebody is in custody, the police officers are responsible for them. If he required medical treatment and informed officers about it, they should have checked and arrange for access to medical service.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

a waste of skin like him should have no rights imo
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/174403/locked-up-for-hold-up ,ya that it ,its the cops fault :200: only in kelowna, the guy if a junkie goof with a criminal record a mile long,

Ah yes the doctrine of : "two wrongs make a right"

Do we create a graduated scale to assess how we treat each "grade" of prisoner ?

Perhaps while we hold pre-trial prisoners in custody we use torture to obtain confessions, then we could shorten the pending trials ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

the truth wrote:a waste of skin like him should have no rights imo

Everybody has rights. This is Canada, not Somalia.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

these goofs do not live by societies rules so they should not be protected by societies rules , --yes-- that simple
smoky500
Fledgling

Post by smoky500 »

If the bones had to be rebroken, the fracture had to have happened more than 2 days previously, bones take longer than that to heal. They often wait 2 or 3 days before doing surgery to allow the swelling to go down and they don't have to rebreak anything. Most likely broken a few weeks before the arrest.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

bingo
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Even Steven wrote:
the truth wrote:a waste of skin like him should have no rights imo

Everybody has rights. This is Canada, not Somalia.

Yes just ask Justin and maybe you might get a 7 figure cheque too : :cuss:

Return to “South Okanagan”