User fees must go!

mrsclaus50

User fees must go!

Post by mrsclaus50 »

I know how to change the medical system. STOP having the poor pay user fees! My son needs to go to physio per Doctors request but is on disability and cant afford to pay $40 twice a week for 10 sessions! Thats $400 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the hell is he supposed to pay for that???
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: User fees must go!

Post by GordonH »

mrsclaus50 wrote:I know how to change the medical system. STOP having the poor pay user fees! My son needs to go to physio per Doctors request but is on disability and cant afford to pay $40 twice a week for 10 sessions! Thats $400 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the hell is he supposed to pay for that???

You may want to look into this link a little deeper, also contact BC Disability to see want is covered (some medical services are covered)
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/heal ... red-by-msp

from the above link wrote:Other services that may be covered by MSP include supplementary benefits provided by other health care practitioners. These include acupuncture, chiropractic, massage therapy, naturopathy, physical therapy and non-surgical podiatry.

Added:it is very weird how people are not informed about services provided for PWD, it almost like pulling teeth to find out this information. Unless you directly ask, no one will voluntarily say.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
mrsclaus50

Post by mrsclaus50 »

They cover the $75 appointment but NOT the $40 fee. Its insane and cruel!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

mrsclaus50 wrote:They cover the $75 appointment but NOT the $40 fee. Its insane and cruel!

Who is paying $75, is it MSP or Disability.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

I would look into it deeper, MSP will cover the initial consult fee, but disability depending on the condition will cover the on going treatment if they deem it beneficial to the person's condition.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Jhunter199 wrote:I would look into it deeper, MSP will cover the initial consult fee, but disability depending on the condition will cover the on going treatment if they deem it beneficial to the person's condition.

I agree but the information lacking here is what kind of disability payment her son is on. Is it work, Provincial, Federal or even military. Every one of those is going to have different coverages.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “South Okanagan”