Drilling gas tanks

Jhunter199
Fledgling

Drilling gas tanks

Post by Jhunter199 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... ling-tanks

Keep an eye on your driveways friends, pay attention to your gas gauges. If you catch one of these losers, I say tie 'em up and store them for a week or 2 in a cold dark room...
twobits
Guru

Re: Drilling gas tanks

Post by twobits »

Jhunter199 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/216658/Gas-thieves-drilling-tanks

Keep an eye on your driveways friends, pay attention to your gas gauges. If you catch one of these losers, I say tie 'em up and store them for a week or 2 in a cold dark room...

Unfortunately this is not new. It's been happening for over a decade. Google it. The only thing new is that the local crack heads finally figured out the plastic gas tanks and a cordless drill make it easy.
They like big trucks with ground clearance. Little risk if you drive a car with 5 inches of ground clearance.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

twobits wrote:
Jhunter199 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/216658/Gas-thieves-drilling-tanks

Unfortunately this is not new. It's been happening for over a decade. Google it. The only thing new is that the local crack heads finally figured out the plastic gas tanks and a cordless drill make it easy.
They like big trucks with ground clearance. Little risk if you drive a car with 5 inches of ground clearance.

Yeah I know this is nothing new, but is just starting to become popular in Penticton now with our local deadbeats. Be a damn shame if they got stuck under one of those vehicles they're putting holes in.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Or somebody threw a lit match under.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Bsuds wrote:Or somebody threw a lit match under.

Until the fire investigation found the match end and you find yourself doing 10yrs for 2nd deg murder.
There is no winning scenario for victims of crime in our system. Even breaking his protruding knee's from beneath your vehicle with a baseball bat will have you doing more time than the crackhead will get for theft under 5K.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

twobits wrote:

Until the fire investigation found the match end and you find yourself doing 10yrs for 2nd deg murder.
There is no winning scenario for victims of crime in our system. Even breaking his protruding knee's from beneath your vehicle with a baseball bat will have you doing more time than the crackhead will get for theft under 5K.

Not if you accidentally tripped over his knee and had to step with your other foot to retain your balance..... just sayin'
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

twobits wrote:

Gee officer I was just tossing the match after lighting my smoke. I didn't see that guy hiding under my car stealing my gas.
How was I to know? :admin:

Just sayin...I would never do that but I like the idea of accidentally stepping (tripping) on his knees.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Bsuds wrote:
Just sayin...I would never do that but I like the idea of accidentally stepping (tripping) on his knees.

Just accidentally run over some dude laying under my vehicle. (16 times)
How was I to know ? :138:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

dirtybiker wrote:Just accidentally run over some dude laying under my vehicle. (16 times)
How was I to know ? :138:

I can see the written police report now.

I backed up and my truck made a really loud noise, so I moved ahead and it made a different noise. I got out and looked all around my truck, I didn't see anything, so I backed up and there was that noise again but not as loud this time so I pulled ahead and heard a different noise again. So I moved back and forth a bunch more times until the noise stopped.
Then I ran out of gas and went back inside. It wasn't until the the next day when the tow truck came and picked up the truck before I saw a big ball of old dirty clothes.
Bring back the LIKE button.
cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

Yep, happening in OK Falls, and Oliver, not just gas, they got my equipment trailer which is worth more than $5000.00.
They been stealing diesel from my employer's equipment, I have a feeling the police know who it is but not much seems to be done about it.
They just let out a group of them from the prison in Oliver, and they back at it again.
Doesn't look good for the town's trying to attract business or people to the area. Something has to happen to these Meth/Crack heads.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

cr125 wrote:Yep, happening in OK Falls, and Oliver, not just gas, they got my equipment trailer which is worth more than $5000.00.
They been stealing diesel from my employer's equipment, I have a feeling the police know who it is but not much seems to be done about it.
They just let out a group of them from the prison in Oliver, and they back at it again.
Doesn't look good for the town's trying to attract business or people to the area. Something has to happen to these Meth/Crack heads.

Cr125 .. You say they they just let a group of them from the prison in Oliver and they are back at again. First off who is they?
Secondly .. Who is them? Thirdly .. They are back at what again? Fourthly ... You know this to be true how? Also .. How do you know they are meth/crack heads? If you can honestly answer all these questions I''m sure the RCMP would like to have a chat with you.
cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

Hey Southy, I have chatted to the police.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

cr125 wrote:Hey Southy, I have chatted to the police.

That a boy cr!
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

cr125 wrote:Hey Southy, I have chatted to the police.

And there is the rub. Unless there is clear evidence, such as a video that clearly identifies the culprit, or a clear finger print.....which will never be found cuz the known crack head culprits are smart enuff to wear a ball cap and bandana for the camera and wear some cheap gloves. These losers know that the RCMP will just attend, say there is little they can do given the evidence available, and give you a business card with a police file number to provide to your insurance company.
Investigative police work detracts from time spent from three officers setting up speed traps or seatbelt stings for revenues. The rest of us victims of crime just pay our insurance deductibles and face even higher insurance rates for making a claim.

cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

The "thieves" will take my trailer, steal more quads, snowmobiles then grind off the serial #, then re-register it as an "as Built".
The amount of work they go to stealing items is amazing, its too bad they don't use those smarts on a honest job. We are constantly looking for smart hardworking guys, if only we could trust them.

Return to “South Okanagan”