Higher education comes to Summerland.

southy
Lord of the Board

Higher education comes to Summerland.

Post by southy »

As numerous folks in Summerland have been embroiled in the Banks Crescent issue, I see that Unisus International School has quietly moved forward with the opening of their prestigious educational facility. It is due to open this coming fall. Here is link to story:

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#217694

Yearly cost per student runs from $11k up to $50k - they are obviously targeting a specific market. The fact they also offer onsite accommodation tells me they are not looking specifically at the local valley market. I hope they are successful, the concept is very interesting. As are the leaders involved.

Curious to know if anyone from Summerland was following this story? They must have made a presentation to council? Funny how we have only heard about the negatives occurring in Summerland and not the positives. I personally think this project is a real positive for both Summerland and the valley.

I wish them well.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Re: Higher education comes to Summerland.

Post by XT225 »

southy wrote:As numerous folks in Summerland have been embroiled in the Banks Crescent issue, I see that Unisus International School has quietly moved forward with the opening of their prestigious educational facility. It is due to open this coming fall. Here is link to story:

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#217694

Yearly cost per student runs from $11k up to $50k - they are obviously targeting a specific market. The fact they also offer onsite accommodation tells me they are not looking specifically at the local valley market. I hope they are successful, the concept is very interesting. As are the leaders involved.

Curious to know if anyone from Summerland was following this story? They must have made a presentation to council? Funny how we have only heard about the negatives occurring in Summerland and not the positives. I personally think this project is a real positive for both Summerland and the valley.

I wish them well.

Interesting article and project. Folks would sure have to have deep pockets though to send their kid(s) there., or a very friendly banker. I would be getting advanced bookings before building on any dorms, if I were them, however. Committment before building.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Quite clearly there is a huge demand for Summerland resident's for 11 to 50k private schooling for their children if there is no opposition. Unlike Summerlands need for an integrated seniors care facility that more closely represents the community needs given that seniors outnumber high school students by about a 100 to 1.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Yea but think of all those additional tax dollars.
summerlandab

Post by summerlandab »

The school is not for the residents of Summerland, it is just the location. Students will come from all over.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 20th, 2018, 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 20th, 2018, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

*removed*
Reason: Response to removed post.
OllyV
Board Meister

Post by OllyV »

*removed*
Reason: Learn to use the report button.
I'd like to thank God for making me an atheist.

Return to “South Okanagan”