Heavy snow forecast,, hard on Summerland

my5cents
Guru

Heavy snow forecast,, hard on Summerland

Post by my5cents »

You gotta feel sorry for the city works in Summerland.

Summerland is a little snow trap. Penticton will get a dusting of snow and Summerland will see 4 inches.

So the possible 12 inches that is likely to accumulate in Summerland, will certainly pose a problem, for Summerland works to ignore. But I'm sure they will soldier through.

Yes, it's not that hard to ignore a "dusting" of 4 inches of snow, but 12 ? You gotta worry that all that inaction, and ignoring of its citizens problems getting around, will cause some stress.

As for my residential street, the plows have been by at least 6 times. Unfortunately that is for the entire winter.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
twobits
Guru

Re: Heavy snow forecast,, hard on Summerland

Post by twobits »

my5cents wrote:You gotta feel sorry for the city works in Summerland.

Summerland is a little snow trap. Penticton will get a dusting of snow and Summerland will see 4 inches.

So the possible 12 inches that is likely to accumulate in Summerland, will certainly pose a problem, for Summerland works to ignore. But I'm sure they will soldier through.

Yes, it's not that hard to ignore a "dusting" of 4 inches of snow, but 12 ? You gotta worry that all that inaction, and ignoring of its citizens problems getting around, will cause some stress.

As for my residential street, the plows have been by at least 6 times. Unfortunately that is for the entire winter.

There is quite a lot of difference in Penticton as well. The difference in snow accumulations is hugely different between the valley bottom between the lakes and what happens on the benches and all the way up into the higher Columbia area. These higher areas, and with sloped hillside streets, often get 3 to 4 inches of snow when there is nadda at Cherry Lane level.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “South Okanagan”