Pattison closing pattison signs..

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Pattison closing pattison signs..

Post by fluffy »

The saying goes "business is business". There was once a time where any business owed a measure of responsibility towards owners/investors, customers, and employees, striving to deliver satisfaction to all three segments. Sadly, employees have in many instances, fallen off that list, becoming just another number in the expense column. Businesses who still treat their employees with respect and take some responsibility in their welfare have become so rare that they are newsworthy for just that.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

westbankkid wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-219133-21-.htm#219133

Another person familiar told Castanet the facility is moving its Penticton operation to the United States, but that has not been confirmed.

Did you just skim read the story?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
RUEZ
Fledgling

Post by RUEZ »

Expect to see a lot more of this. Like it or not companies are looking across the border to lower corporate tax rates, no carbon tax, and lower wages. But hey, Justin can keep patting himself on the back because he's a feminist.
twobits
Guru

Pattison Signs closing

Post by twobits »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... -jobs-lost

Here is just a small local example of how the new US Trump corporate tax rate cut is going to change multinational corps in where they conduct business. If our Federal and Provincial Govt's don't recognize this and continue to think they can milk the business and corporate cow by increasing Corp taxes to fund social programs and 10 buck daycare......they are living in a dream world. These corps will leave and the jobs with them and just sell back across the border to us duty free and with a stronger US dollar. Trudeau and all of the Provincial Premiers better pay attention here and lower business taxes or their will be an escalating shift to movement south of the border. Canada will become the high cost location to operate much like the US did when Mexico industrialized and became a lower cost location than the US.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Pattison Signs closing

Post by GordonH »

Being discussed here
viewtopic.php?f=110&t=77198

*Thanks! I've merged them./ferri
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

So since the posts have been merged, no one that reads and contributes to the Penticton thread has connected this plant closure to the new US Corp tax structure??? Pattison Sign Group had three plants. Two in the US, and one in Canada. All of them under full capacity but with the past tax structure, US being higher, they all existed. Taxes are now lower in the US under TRump. What would any of you have done if you owned these three plants???
All I have read here is left wing whining about how shameful it is for this business to close. No one that I have seen here is actually seeing what is happening and that is Canada, with it's tax policy, is driving business and investment out of the Country.
And this is just a small local example of what will happen all across Canada to all businesses that are cross border involved and can shift production.
Bottom line, compete globally, or go home unemployed.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Queen K wrote:Poor Billioniare Patterson, BC born and bred, just doesn't have enough money and therefore has to send sign makers in Penticton out on their bleeps.

I was sick when I read this, like jobs are everywhere in Penticton.

Born in Luseland Saskatchewan
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Pattison's parents resided in the rural town of Luseland, Saskatchewan when he was born at the hospital in nearby Saskatoon on October 1, 1928.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

oneh2obabe wrote:Pattison's parents resided in the rural town of Luseland, Saskatchewan when he was born at the hospital in nearby Saskatoon on October 1, 1928.

Possibly true. However. Saskatoon is a long way from Luseland. Especially back then. Luseland is over by the Alberta border. Worked around Luseland a bit. Nice place to come from
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

You know what, I bet that damned Glen Clark, former NDP premier and now one of Jimmy's top dogs, is responsible for this! Damned NDPers, closing shop and shipping the jobs to the US!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

twobits wrote:So since the posts have been merged, no one that reads and contributes to the Penticton thread has connected this plant closure to the new US Corp tax structure??? Pattison Sign Group had three plants. Two in the US, and one in Canada. All of them under full capacity but with the past tax structure, US being higher, they all existed. Taxes are now lower in the US under TRump. What would any of you have done if you owned these three plants???
All I have read here is left wing whining about how shameful it is for this business to close. No one that I have seen here is actually seeing what is happening and that is Canada, with it's tax policy, is driving business and investment out of the Country.
And this is just a small local example of what will happen all across Canada to all businesses that are cross border involved and can shift production.
Bottom line, compete globally, or go home unemployed.

Sounds like a good reason to cut taxes here

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ohhh, and here I thought NAFTA was responsible for this. You know, before NAFTA is re-negotiated.
Last edited by Queen K on Feb 18th, 2018, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Gone_Fishin wrote:You know what, I bet that damned Glen Clark, former NDP premier and now one of Jimmy's top dogs, is responsible for this! Damned NDPers, closing shop and shipping the jobs to the US!

Nothing happens at Pattison Group without full approval of Jim.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Gone_Fishin wrote:You know what, I bet that damned Glen Clark, former NDP premier and now one of Jimmy's top dogs, is responsible for this! Damned NDPers, closing shop and shipping the jobs to the US!

Now that made me chuckle. An NDP'er would be the very LAST one to ship jobs to the States or any other country for that matter. Its a routine trick of Right Wing Business people, however; they would do it in a flash if they thought it could save them a nickle; to h_ll with Loyalty to their country or fellow employees. This was Jimmy's doing, plain and simple.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

"I can't find the toothpaste! Damn NDPers come in and hide on me, that's the last time I marry a liberal wife." [icon_lol2.gif]
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “South Okanagan”