Hotel on the Naramata Bench?

Hotel on the Naramata Bench?

Postby Queen K » Feb 17th, 2018, 8:06 pm

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... mata-bench

AKA: The next battle.

Will Naramata allow a 20 suite hotel to edge it's way in and onto agricultural areas? Note I said "area" because this hotel is supposedly unproductive bedrock. Which means blasting to make room for the foundations etc.

Yes or No?

Who is going to win or lose, this one?
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 55354
Likes: 13445 posts
Liked in: 14314 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Hotel on the Naramata Bench?

Postby pentona » Feb 17th, 2018, 8:10 pm

The story is somewhat misleading. Its not in Naramata; in fact still well within the city of Penticton limits. Off of Naramata Road, onto Poplar Grove road. The village of Naramata has no say in the matter. Hope it proceeds; what a great spot for it. :up:

2 people like this post.
pentona
Übergod
 
Posts: 1095
Likes: 275 posts
Liked in: 555 posts
Joined: Feb 21st, 2011, 5:38 pm

Re: Hotel on the Naramata Bench?

Postby seewood » Feb 17th, 2018, 8:39 pm

pentona wrote:The story is somewhat misleading. Its not in Naramata; in fact still well within the city of Penticton limits. Off of Naramata Road, onto Poplar Grove road. The village of Naramata has no say in the matter. Hope it proceeds; what a great spot for it.


Exactly. What a misleading headline.
Naramata would not be able to have a development like that without dealing with the septic issues to neighbours desires...no smell.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
Übergod
 
Posts: 1431
Likes: 3410 posts
Liked in: 1435 posts
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 2:08 pm

Re: Hotel on the Naramata Bench?

Postby twobits » Feb 18th, 2018, 6:42 pm

seewood wrote:
Exactly. What a misleading headline.
Naramata would not be able to have a development like that without dealing with the septic issues to neighbours desires...no smell.


Not taking a side here but there is no sanitary sewer at the proposed location either. That also means begs, should it be denied because there isn't? After all, the entire community of Naramata is on septic. So is Kaleden. So is Lakeshore Highlands and Heritage Hills yada yada.
Is a 20 room Hotel with 20 acres of land gonna make a significant difference?
And BTW, if you can smell a septic installation.....there is something wrong with it.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Anonymous123 likes this post.
twobits
Guru
 
Posts: 7076
Likes: 1016 posts
Liked in: 3648 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 9:44 am
Location: GPS says Dead Elbow Utah. Think I'm lost

Re: Hotel on the Naramata Bench?

Postby Giants Head » Feb 18th, 2018, 8:34 pm

Part of this proposal is a sewer main extension that will connect to the Penticton city sewer system.
Giants Head
Fledgling
 
Posts: 194
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 23 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2009, 1:12 pm

Re: Hotel on the Naramata Bench?

Postby Drip_Torch » Feb 18th, 2018, 9:03 pm

twobits wrote:Not taking a side here but there is no sanitary sewer at the proposed location either. That also means begs, should it be denied because there isn't? After all, the entire community of Naramata is on septic. So is Kaleden. So is Lakeshore Highlands and Heritage Hills yada yada.Is a 20 room Hotel with 20 acres of land gonna make a significant difference?And BTW, if you can smell a septic installation.....there is something wrong with it.


Thinking the same thing and I was curious last night, so I took a peak on the city mapping system and I was surprised. The main's not far from there at all. Look's quite do-able.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
User avatar
Drip_Torch
Übergod
 
Posts: 1735
Likes: 436 posts
Liked in: 1091 posts
Joined: Aug 16th, 2012, 10:56 am

Re: Hotel on the Naramata Bench?

Postby seewood » Feb 18th, 2018, 9:06 pm

twobits wrote:Not taking a side here but there is no sanitary sewer at the proposed location either. That also means begs, should it be denied because there isn't? After all, the entire community of Naramata is on septic. So is Kaleden. So is Lakeshore Highlands and Heritage Hills yada yada.

Penticton has a sewer system. Likely a lifting station might be required. A large self contained sewer system for a development can and has been done without issues. The Naramata Inn at the bottom of Robinson is an example.

If one to put a large development say at the old packing house site in Naramata, Sewer/septic is the elephant in the room there.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
Übergod
 
Posts: 1431
Likes: 3410 posts
Liked in: 1435 posts
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 2:08 pm

Re: Hotel on the Naramata Bench?

Postby twobits » Feb 20th, 2018, 7:55 pm

Drip_Torch wrote:
Thinking the same thing and I was curious last night, so I took a peak on the city mapping system and I was surprised. The main's not far from there at all. Look's quite do-able.


How far is not far? Distance plus works, plus asphalt, plus lift station that requires power and pump maintenance for a 20 room boutique Hotel?? Can't see that as a business plan. Nope, this place will be septic or it will unlikely happen unless the very deep pocketed Holler doesn't give a chit and he has done that before.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru
 
Posts: 7076
Likes: 1016 posts
Liked in: 3648 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 9:44 am
Location: GPS says Dead Elbow Utah. Think I'm lost


Return to South Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest