Fined for selling game meat

Re: Fined for selling game meat

Postby blueliner » Mar 9th, 2018, 10:44 pm

Cactusflower wrote:Shake your heads all you like. I happen to know a 'non-First Nations' hunter who has been selling meat from the animals he's 'harvested' for years. And no, I'm not going to mention his name here..........or anywhere else. I can't believe I'm the only one who knows someone like this.

FAKE NEW'S :cuss:
blueliner
Fledgling

Liked in: 184 posts

Postby fluffy » Mar 10th, 2018, 7:52 am

I don't doubt that there is a black market for game meats, and fish as well, especially with the way prices have risen in stores over the years. But let's not lose sight of the fact that it is a black market and that those involved, both selling and buying, are breaking the law.
Okey dokey doggie daddy.

2 people like this post.
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4050 posts

Postby twobits » Mar 11th, 2018, 6:32 pm

fluffy wrote:I don't doubt that there is a black market for game meats, and fish as well, especially with the way prices have risen in stores over the years. But let's not lose sight of the fact that it is a black market and that those involved, both selling and buying, are breaking the law.

A politically correct observation. The corollary to that is there would be no black market for game meat if there were no illegal harvest for a black market supply. The problem is we have an unregulated segment of the population that can hunt whenever they want, wherever they want, based on sustenance. Sustenance purposes being key here in definition.
Let's not pretend we don't know where the illegal supply of game meat and fish come from. So ya, we could say the hundreds buyers of product are as equally culpable in the crime as the few dozen suppliers, but if we want to target an end to the industry, should the light be on the dealers or the consumer?
Good luck with that cuz if ya try to, you are a racist or at the very least not understanding of traditional trade practices. Somehow, meeting someone in the Safeway parking lot to buy game meat or fish for cash only has become a traditional trade practice.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

youhavegottobekidding likes this post.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 2878 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Mar 11th, 2018, 6:36 pm

twobits wrote:A politically correct observation. The corollary to that is there would be no black market for game meat if there were no illegal harvest for a black market supply. The problem is we have an unregulated segment of the population that can hunt whenever they want, wherever they want, based on sustenance. Sustenance purposes being key here in definition.
Let's not pretend we don't know where the illegal supply of game meat and fish come from. So ya, we could say the few hundred buyers of product are as equally culpable in the crime as the few dozen suppliers, but if we want to target an end to the industry, should the light be on the dealers or the consumer?

The same principles could be applied to the drug trade.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

youhavegottobekidding likes this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3333 posts

Previous

Return to South Okanagan