Low-budget motels sold

pentona
Übergod

Re: Low-budget motels sold

Post by pentona »

JagXKR wrote:Proper fencing, ie big concrete, or brick, wall. Lit perimeter with multiple security cameras. Then a shaming of the legal system that will let the criminals out, right after they get arrested for stealing. Security pictures in the lobby of the thieves.
That's what I would demand of the strata association if I moved in there.
And yes they will become victims of lowlife thieves. That is what the bleeding hearts want. More victims.

I have to wonder if the company that bought that Motels did so before the Govt announced these low-income modular homes going in right next door. You would think that anyone looking at mid to higher end Condos would definitely look elsewhere once they get wind of this. They could be a very hard sell, if they are ever built.

The bleeding hearts can say all they want about needing low income and homeless housing but it doesn't come without its major problems attached.
DAMACO

Post by DAMACO »

Actually being a resident of this rental property, I feel both angered, and disgusted in humanity. I'm not a criminal, I'm not a drug addict, I pay my rent and keep to myself. I guess I'll just sleep in a dumpster, its not like I have feelings or anything.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

I' m scratching what hair I have left on this one. City would have known about sunrise/govt plan. Realty company would have known. A company as large as the one who dropped 5m would have done their homework. So what gives? Did the govt maybe have offers on the other motel properties as well and trade off was for Vancouver developer to let govt acquire sunrise property without a fuss? I think there is more to this story as usual. Time will tell.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

What I really took note of was that this development is now displacing pretty much exactly the same number of people from low cost housing that the Gov't funded Sunrise modular project is going to provide. I'd call that a wash and as a community we are back at square one with no new low cost housing options.
I don't blame the developer or the City here. It just seems to be irony that we can all shake our heads at and wonder what the ef is the solution. One giveth and the other taketh away.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “South Okanagan”