Do we still have a mayor and council?

southy
Lord of the Board

Re: Do we still have a mayor and council?

Post by southy »

Actually Fluffy .. You can probably get a doe foe a couple bucks [icon_lol2.gif] . This thread was actually about the happenings or lack of at city hall. Seems to me there was a separate thread awhile back about Pentictons deer problem.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

southy wrote:Actually Fluffy .. You can probably get a doe foe a couple bucks [icon_lol2.gif] . This thread was actually about the happenings or lack of at city hall. Seems to me there was a separate thread awhile back about Pentictons deer problem.

I believe that Fluffy was not off-topic at all but rather was referring to the Culling and/or relocating of our present city Council members. Won't be effective in reducing their numbers but it will have the desired effect and it won't cost anything; just the time it takes to mark and X on the ballet box this coming Fall Election. :smt045
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Sarcasm as deflection? Southy, you introduced the deer problem as an example of council’s inaction. I’m saying that in that case inaction is not unwarranted. I’m of the mind that you are not engaged with the deer problem at all, you’re simply using it as a vehicle for your continuing hatred of council.

Speaking for myself I don’t have a problem with deer in my yard. I’ve taken some small steps to limit the available food supply, and they can eat all the dandelions they want, I’ve got plenty. They don’t *bleep* me off enough to want to kill them, but I do understand that there are people who value their roses quite highly. I’m not convinced that the problem warrants any major expense at this time, especially when a little common sense among residents can reduce the problem to a minor annoyance.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Yup!
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

JagXKR wrote:Konanz not running for re-election.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... ning-again

Hey hey...things are looking up. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer; no loss.
CTF
Fledgling

Post by CTF »

Things could be much worse folks, be thankful we do not live in Nanaimo....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4587247
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

pentona wrote:
Hey hey...things are looking up. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer; no loss.

But the sharpest knife on this current Council so what does that say?
If Konanz is a dull knife, it makes Picton pre flint tool.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

twobits wrote:
But the sharpest knife on this current Council so what does that say?
If Konanz is a dull knife, it makes Picton pre flint tool.

She asked a lot of questions during meetings, I will admit, however most were pretty dumb ones..like she just didn't catch on, the first time a subject was brought up. Picton? Tool? Agreed.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

pentona wrote:She asked a lot of questions during meetings, I will admit, however most were pretty dumb ones..like she just didn't catch on, the first time a subject was brought up. Picton? Tool? Agreed.

Lol Pent, they weren't dumb questions. She was just trying to anticipate what the average voter would have asked so that they got their answer. Ya know, like the ones that voted for the "tool". The questions have to be posed in a fashion that does not lose or disengage the average voter. Careful consideration has to be made to avoid any words with more than three syllables as well.

Tongue firmly planted in cheek here......but with some unfortunate truth.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

my10cents

Post by my10cents »

Any "Mayor and Council" that immediately gives themselves a medical and dental plan on taxpayers behalf should not be voted back in. And, to refresh everyone's memory - Tom Dyas who was part owner of the Trio Company Skaha Park fiasco owns a company the sells Medical and Dental plans. Remember that on voting day. :up:
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

I give Peter the Weeb some credit. Kinda. I suspect he was involved in the search for a new Communications person. It would appear they got their man. Never, ever over the past 3.something years have I heard mayor Jak sound so *bleep* educated, perceptive and eloquent in verbage on city happenings. These aren't mayor Jak's words these are those of his communication guru and of course I'm sure overseen by he associate director of mouth - the Weeb. This story had me in stitches. https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#226097.

By the way could it be that mayor Jak actually has balls of metal and plans on running for mayor again? I mean his photo is starting to appear in numerous locations lately - whats up with that? Who the hell would be behind him for this push and more importantly what would be the payoff for him to win? Man my stomach is sore already just thinking about that reality.

So who on council will do the right thing and just disappear? Andre Marin - not sure, something tells me his ego is just a tad to large and he will spout all the wonderful things he and this council have done in their imaginary world.

Max is done! Konanz is done - with civic politics! Tarik Sayeed - he was on council wasn't he? Nope won't be back. Now the two interesting faces I keep hearing rumours about. Campbell Watt - I suspect he will run again and probably a good choice.
And then that leaves .... drumroll please .... are you ready for this ... Judy Sentes. I keep hearing rumours and I say rumours because I can't get anything factual - but you know what they say about smoke .... Judy for Mayor! Now wouldn't it just be a dogs breakfast if both she and mayor jak decide to run for mayor, the only saving grace to that is hopefully someone will step forward who has intelligence, vision, commonsense, time and a desire to improve our community - both Sentes and Jak lose and they are finally gone for good.

I think the movie is just about to begin and should become very interesting folks. Remember - it's a movie, fantasy, written by folks to trick and fool and distort reality. Somewhat like the past 3.something years of this current mayor and council. However, with the right questions leading up to the election we could bring some reality into the equation and make this an Acadamy award winner.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Vaz on the ballot. Seems to be quite healthy on his life long Mediterranean diet and quite sure he has a bitter taste in his mouth losing to spandex boy.
He has a lot of support in the community. Skaha Park debacle would have never happened nor would the multi million dollar bollards and bricks downtown that we were sold a story that only cost a few hundred K that property owners were paying.

Return to “South Okanagan”