Cherry Lane Mall

Re: Cherry Lane Mall

Postby my10cents » Jun 21st, 2019, 10:37 am

If the new washrooms in Cherry Lane are a reflection of what's to come, I'm impressed. Looks like the food court is now starting to get the face lift.
A great step forward for this mall - I'll be coming to town next weekend and will check them out in person. Saw the pictures on their facebook page. :130:
my10cents

Liked in: 27 posts

Postby civil » Jun 22nd, 2019, 4:16 pm

From the leasing brochure
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
civil

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby twobits » Jun 22nd, 2019, 7:16 pm

my10cents wrote:If the new washrooms in Cherry Lane are a reflection of what's to come, I'm impressed. Looks like the food court is now starting to get the face lift.
A great step forward for this mall - I'll be coming to town next weekend and will check them out in person. Saw the pictures on their facebook page. :130:

Hope you are right. Seems to be a different story downtown with the expensive washrooms we just paid for. And after what....10 million in downtown improvements a store owner today laments that a security guard needed to be hired to keep staff safe from violence from the cretans that occupy our new downtown????
Perhaps they have become unruly since they are no longer allowed to sit or sleep on the million dollar sidewalks?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3853 posts

Postby my10cents » Jun 22nd, 2019, 9:32 pm

civil wrote:From the leasing brochure

Wow- this is interesting! Where did you find this - is this online somewhere-I looked on the facebook page but couldnt' find anything. What leasing brochure?
:up:
my10cents

Postby my10cents » Aug 3rd, 2019, 7:43 am

my previous post: Where did you find the leasing brochure? --- I found it after searching, it's on a colliers site.

So that leads me to the next question; Who owns this mall anyway?

They must have deep pockets as the renos look extensive (and expensive). And using colliers for the leasing part isn't cheap. I always thought the leasing was done through the on-site office in the mall.

Was in there yesterday and the food court area is shaping up. Wonder if they have leased those units out - the only lease sign I see now is the one by the restaurant area and on the place where the orange place was. Does anyone know?
my10cents

Postby southy » Aug 4th, 2019, 7:55 am

my10cents wrote:my previous post: Where did you find the leasing brochure? --- I found it after searching, it's on a colliers site.

So that leads me to the next question; Who owns this mall anyway?

They must have deep pockets as the renos look extensive (and expensive). And using colliers for the leasing part isn't cheap. I always thought the leasing was done through the on-site office in the mall.

Was in there yesterday and the food court area is shaping up. Wonder if they have leased those units out - the only lease sign I see now is the one by the restaurant area and on the place where the orange place was. Does anyone know?

Mall is owned by Manulife with Colliers also owning a small percentage.
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 990 posts

Postby Westbenchmancave » Aug 11th, 2019, 9:33 pm

Retailapocalyse coming soon to a downtown or shopping mall near you!
Westbenchmancave

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby 65deluxe » Aug 28th, 2019, 10:06 pm

Yeah, Im going to the mall because they have remodeled their bathrooms and the food court, which houses what, subway, a&w, and...sorry, cant remember the Asian option.
A decent restaurant, common sense tells one that if you add one, mall traffic will increase. And then maybe they can fill the 4-5 empty stores. Curious as to what kind, if any incentives are the mall owners offering potential leaser's?
65deluxe

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby onestop67 » Aug 30th, 2019, 2:45 am

fluffy wrote:
my10cents wrote:Who is coming into the food court? There's advertising up on those walls that new units are going in :up:

I’ve heard mention of “Lachi Express” by the owners of the Indian restaurant downtown.

Yes, Lachi is putting in an "express" location.

I also heard that "Fluffy's House of Pies" is opening up.
onestop67
Guru

Liked in: 344 posts

Postby fluffy » Aug 30th, 2019, 6:02 pm

onestop67 wrote:I also heard that "Fluffy's House of Pies" is opening up.

I don’t know, kind of high end for a small town shopping mall. :)
Okey dokey doggie daddy.
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4396 posts

Postby RupertBear » Aug 31st, 2019, 8:16 am

onestop67 wrote:
I also heard that "Fluffy's House of Pies" is opening up.

Based on an old family recipe: Defrost and serve.
RupertBear
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 807 posts

Postby my10cents » Sep 1st, 2019, 7:51 am

Based on some of the comments here, don't forget, things could be worse - the mall could just sit and NOT be renovated. You Pentictonites are lucky that a company like Manulife is investing and upgrading your shopping centre. Oh and BTW, Collliers does NOT have partial ownership in Cherry Lane. 100% owned by Manulife. I have a business associate that has invested in Manulife and has seen the portfolio.

Big things are happening to this mall - although sometimes I feel this town and all it's naysayers have nothing better to do but *bleep* and complain. Once the mall is renovated and filled - what will these people do? Pick away at the design? [icon_lol2.gif]

There are bigger issues in Penticton, and the main one is - that it's turning into a mini Vancouver East side - but that's another thread.

As an out of towner, that visits Penticton on a regular basis for business- it is not something to brag about lately.(It used to be) Clean up your act. The druggies and theives, the hoodies-- are everywhere, even frequenting the mall - Penticton is too small to have this many vagrants.
my10cents

Previous

Return to South Okanagan