Trudeau at Gyro Beach

southy
Lord of the Board

Re: Trudeau at Gyro Beach

Post by southy »

vbh wrote:Maybe someone should tell him not to go barefoot in the sand, since there may have been some needles missed in the clean up process!!!

Ahhh .. you have the wrong city - Kelowna has the needle issue not Penticton … just sayin' :up:
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

southy wrote:
vbh wrote:Maybe someone should tell him not to go barefoot in the sand, since there may have been some needles missed in the clean up process!!!

Ahhh .. you have the wrong city - Kelowna has the needle issue not Penticton … just sayin' :up:

There's no shortage of needles or crack heads in Penticton
OllyV
Board Meister

Post by OllyV »

Omnitheo wrote:threatening violence is not protected by free speech. People have been arrested for making threats.

"Free speech" isn't a protection in Canada at all.

Freedom of expression is the Canadian equivalent but, as you noted, it comes with limitations.
I'd like to thank God for making me an atheist.
OKlakeguy

Post by OKlakeguy »

pentona wrote:
Graphite wrote:I looked for something of worth in these comments but didn't find anything except the push for people to go ask questions or DO SOMETHING. The rest of these comments belong in high school.

I for one am going down to hear him speak. I thank goodness every day that we don't have a jerk like Trump running our country or even Harper. J.T. isn't perfect, of course not but it could be a whole lot worse. :up:

He is doing so swell; NAFTA being mishanded, deficits; border issues; judges not being appointed; summer job grants program... yeah...he is doing just great... [icon_lol2.gif]
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Nobody told me the circus was coming to the Okanagan!?
Sure do love Rutland!!
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

bob vernon wrote:Can we get some "Make Canada Great Again" hats made on short notice. Maybe some shirts with a big Q on the front? Where can we confront him? If you have a bullhorn, bring it.

Was thinking some red hats "Make Justin a unemployed Drama teacher again " :130:
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

I sure don’t understand all this negativity. Canada’s economy is stable, everyone that i know is doing well, working and seeing payoff relative to the level of effort they are putting in.

I’m neither for or against Trudeau or any political party. Im “for” working hard and getting ahead.

IMO, Canada is doing good so why all the complaints?
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The amazing thing is this: these well-fed whiners on this thread actually think that their lot in life has gone bad because of Justin. Spoiled? Way beyond spoiled.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

What some of these posts really show is that the Okanagan truly is WHINE COUNTRY!!
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

It seems as though any efforts made to be heard, to bring about change - whether that be by an in-person Q&A or a letter written to our leader(s) goes without much feed back or no response at all.

Getting involved with government is an endeavour in futility, we may have a voice - but we certainly do not have a choice = Powerless.

We can put our voices out there but they go unheard. I see no purpose (a real purpose) of voicing a single thought to our current, former or future PM. They serve the Queen - The UN - NOT the people.

Why waste a moment of your short life talking to the two faced talking heads?! Get on with what God given life you have, because the time is short.

Go home Justin. I noticed the local weather cooled down for Justin's visit - while the temps rise in his home province.

I will bet our temps rise when he leaves and his home town cools upon his return.

Politics = Lies
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

pentona wrote:I was glad that I went down to Penticton Gyro Park to hear him speak. He and his wife, and others did a fine job. Very few protesters in the crowds. Even those who don't care for J.T., I heard comment that "at least we have a leader who can speak without tweeting and is a lot better than what they are stuck with down South".

Hi, I too was glad to be there.

Of course it was tough to know where he'd be sitting on the stage so I ended up with side views of him sitting, but him speaking? Those photos are bang on. (No guns went off in at this rally, calm down folks.)

The protest signs were few and far between, including one naming Standing Rock. No Pipelines etc. Save the Whales. I photographed everyone of them. Lots of people, kids and one cake. One. It was mobbed. Heck, Sophie and Justin were mobbed for photos. This time I did not luck out, I did not get a chance to congratulate them on giving their nanny a raise.

I had one overgrown protester yelling right into my ear, "booo hiis, gooo home". He was so belligerent and rude I asked him if he was so and so from Castanet forums. [icon_lol2.gif] He seemed confused about what I was talking about so I tried to explain but all he could go on about was that JT was making anal sex legal at age 16 and bestiality was going to be legal soon. No mention of pot. I tried telling him that there were others here sharing his viewpoint but he was so angry he could not listen. Like someone else I could name.

So, the BC Day party in Penticton was a roaring success. PS: No women were throwing their bras at him like he was a rock star though. :admin:

I can't wait to download and edit these photos.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Because_They_Lie wrote:It seems as though any efforts made to be heard, to bring about change - whether that be by an in-person Q&A or a letter written to our leader(s) goes without much feed back or no response at all.

Getting involved with government is an endeavour in futility, we may have a voice - but we certainly do not have a choice = Powerless.

We can put our voices out there but they go unheard. I see no purpose (a real purpose) of voicing a single thought to our current, former or future PM. They serve the Queen - The UN - NOT the people.

Why waste a moment of your short life talking to the two faced talking heads?! Get on with what God given life you have, because the time is short.

Go home Justin. I noticed the local weather cooled down for Justin's visit - while the temps rise in his home province.

I will bet our temps rise when he leaves and his home town cools upon his return.

Politics = Lies

My interactions with politicians and government have obviously been quite different to yours. I actually find that getting a response is quite easy. If you ask a reasonable question you'll usually get a reasonable answer, even if it's not the answer you were hoping for. Choosing to opt out of participating is your prerogative, but it's a shame you feel that way.

In this age of Trumpist demagoguery, conspiracy theory stupidity and extreme vitriolic partisanship I think we should be damn glad to have a centrist government instead of either political extreme. It's part of who we are as Canadians that we can find a middle ground.
RUEZ
Fledgling

Post by RUEZ »

This is Justin in a nut shell. He's a celebrity not a PM. Remember this in 2019.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Reminds me of a saying my dear old dad used to use: "I wouldn't walk across the street to pee on the best part of him."
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Go home Trudumb

Return to “South Okanagan”