Multiple Break and Enters/J. Van Raes

Multiple Break and Enters/J. Van Raes

Postby waynetyea » Sep 10th, 2018, 6:08 pm

this guy is a joke. throw him in jail and loose the key please. unless you want to be the next person he pulls an ax on while stealing your car and breaking into your house. if his kids are looking up to him then the only place they should do it is in a jail. trust me on this. he is not looking for any jobs. only a quick buck and then off to the crack house again not the grocery store. not taking the kids to school..smokes, crack cocaine and booze is all he is buying. and he does not care at all about the pain and sorrow he leaves behind in his wake.... as for the female judge who let him out ... shame on you...

http://www.pentictonherald.ca/news/arti ... 5170e.html

2 people like this post.
waynetyea
Fledgling

Liked in: 27 posts

Re: Multiple Break and Enters/J. Van Raes

Postby seewood » Sep 10th, 2018, 7:34 pm

Judge mention next sentencing will likely be federal time. Well, at least he'll be off the streets for more than two years.
Also, can the judge in the sentencing say upon his release, he is not allowed in Penticton?

This guy has mental health issues I'm guessing, needs help( if he wants it) and supervision.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
√úbergod

Liked in: 1355 posts

Postby twobits » Sep 14th, 2018, 5:29 pm

seewood wrote:
This guy has mental health issues I'm guessing, needs help( if he wants it) and supervision.

And exactly when is society going to wake up to the reality that you just can't fix stupid by throwing dollars at them? We are in need of a three strikes rule here. I'd much prefer locking these priks up and paying for the incarceration than have them terrorize and instill fear in ordinary law abiding citizens getting their cars, homes, garages, or even garden sheds broken into. The cost of revolving them thru the court system dozens of times in just a cpl of years would cover the cost of incarceration. No?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

2 people like this post.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3461 posts

Postby twobits » Sep 16th, 2018, 3:56 pm

As an additional surmise to my last post.....perhaps insurance companies should be interested in contributing to the incarceration model for prolific offenders. I cannot even imagine the cost to the insurance industry for property crimes.
Just add up the cost of all insurance deductibles! Those funds as well would finance some significant incarceration and retraining facilities.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

twobits
Guru

Postby alanjh595 » Sep 16th, 2018, 4:50 pm

twobits wrote:As an additional surmise to my last post.....perhaps insurance companies should be interested in contributing to the incarceration model for prolific offenders. I cannot even imagine the cost to the insurance industry for property crimes.
Just add up the cost of all insurance deductibles! Those funds as well would finance some significant incarceration and retraining facilities.

Insurance deductible are paid by the the policy holder. Insurance companies only pay out for amounts exceeding those deductibles. For example:
If a homeowner has a loss of $2000, the insurance company will pay $1000, the homeowner will pay $1000.

Insurance was never meant to cover minor losses, it is there for catastrophic losses, like a fire. Those that claim smaller losses will be subject to higher premiums or rejection of coverage in the future. Their claim history will be on record and available to all future insurers.

Insurance deductibles are the responsibility of the insured, not the insurer. Therefore; the cost of the deductibles has nothing to do with the insurance companies and is of no interest to them whatsoever. It is up to the homeowner to invest in better protection to avoid having to pay the deductible.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

soupy likes this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3810 posts

Postby twobits » Sep 18th, 2018, 6:24 pm

alanjh595 wrote:
Insurance deductible are paid by the the policy holder. Insurance companies only pay out for amounts exceeding those deductibles. For example:
If a homeowner has a loss of $2000, the insurance company will pay $1000, the homeowner will pay $1000.

Insurance was never meant to cover minor losses, it is there for catastrophic losses, like a fire. Those that claim smaller losses will be subject to higher premiums or rejection of coverage in the future. Their claim history will be on record and available to all future insurers.

Insurance deductibles are the responsibility of the insured, not the insurer. Therefore; the cost of the deductibles has nothing to do with the insurance companies and is of no interest to them whatsoever. It is up to the homeowner to invest in better protection to avoid having to pay the deductible.

Ya missed the veiled point that maybe insurance rates could be cheaper if insurance companies could be compelled to contribute to incarceration costs of the prolific offender. I did a poor job of making that point. Perhaps a better way of saying it would be a cost/benefit analysis by the insurance companies of paying out claims vs paying for incarceration. Not likely to ever happen but it does cause pause for thought.

twobits
Guru

Return to South Okanagan