Traffic Trials and Tribulations South Okanagan

Traffic Trials and Tribulations South Okanagan

Postby southy » Sep 17th, 2018, 12:47 pm

Thought I would start this as Penticton and the South end of the valley have their own crazy drivers, and I was witness to two of those incidents this past week. Just posting this to vent and get it off my chest … so feel free to jump in and share your frustrations.

1. Saturday, heading south on Government at Eckhardt … turning left onto Eckhardt waiting for north bound traffic to clear, just as the light turns yellow I see one car heading north but a little ways back so I assume he will stop as light would be red when he got to intersection, good thing I looked up again because just as I was starting my turn, this idiot floors it and runs the yellow and red. I layed on my horn as did a vehicle sitting at the intersection heading west .. the mid-50's guy driving the SUV fingers me. To you sir .. though I doubt with your attitude you would read Castanet forums … up yours. You could have killed some innocent people - jerk!

2. Sunday evening at approximately 8pm .. turning North onto Government from Duncan .. two cars back the first car just doesn't want to turn … they sat there and waited for .. well I'm not sure. Then the vehicle in front me honks and the front car makes the turn but ever so S-L-O-W-L-Y .. the driver then starts down Government but does not go over 30k. Brakes at every intersection .. not sure why. Driver in front me turns off out of frustration. I follow the van driven by a middle aged woman and she heads up Haven Hill … ever so slowly. I even tried giving her a little push by getting close but she didn 't react. She turn off at the top of Haven Hill. Lady - don't drive if you can't do the speed limit!! So frustrating.

Thank you .. that's all. (for today)

2 people like this post.
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 792 posts

Re: Traffic Trials and Tribulations South Okanagan

Postby Anonymous123 » Sep 17th, 2018, 1:46 pm

southy wrote:Thought I would start this as Penticton and the South end of the valley have their own crazy drivers, and I was witness to two of those incidents this past week. Just posting this to vent and get it off my chest … so feel free to jump in and share your frustrations.

1. Saturday, heading south on Government at Eckhardt … turning left onto Eckhardt waiting for north bound traffic to clear, just as the light turns yellow I see one car heading north but a little ways back so I assume he will stop as light would be red when he got to intersection, good thing I looked up again because just as I was starting my turn, this idiot floors it and runs the yellow and red. I layed on my horn as did a vehicle sitting at the intersection heading west .. the mid-50's guy driving the SUV fingers me. To you sir .. though I doubt with your attitude you would read Castanet forums … up yours. You could have killed some innocent people - jerk!

2. Sunday evening at approximately 8pm .. turning North onto Government from Duncan .. two cars back the first car just doesn't want to turn … they sat there and waited for .. well I'm not sure. Then the vehicle in front me honks and the front car makes the turn but ever so S-L-O-W-L-Y .. the driver then starts down Government but does not go over 30k. Brakes at every intersection .. not sure why. Driver in front me turns off out of frustration. I follow the van driven by a middle aged woman and she heads up Haven Hill … ever so slowly. I even tried giving her a little push by getting close but she didn 't react. She turn off at the top of Haven Hill. Lady - don't drive if you can't do the speed limit!! So frustrating.

Thank you .. that's all. (for today)

Regarding the first incident, I would venture to guess that the driver was from Kelowna. That is common practice up here. In fact it's so bad I've gone out and bought a dash cam so that I can back up my complaints with video evidence.
We See
We Judge

GordonH likes this post.
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1502 posts

Postby southy » Nov 23rd, 2018, 2:35 pm

To the woman in the cream coloured Lexus driving through the crosswalk in front of Safeway yesterday afternoon. Forget fixing your hair … look around and you would have seen there were three people attempting to cross while you kept driving straight through. You lady are an idiot driver!!!
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 792 posts

Postby seewood » Nov 23rd, 2018, 5:14 pm

Oh, *bleep*, now I really have to behave... :biggrin:

In an accident or close call, likely the other party is an older man wearing a baseball cap.. :D

No shortage of daft things going on behind the wheel down south as well.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
Übergod

Liked in: 1435 posts

Postby twobits » Nov 23rd, 2018, 8:23 pm

seewood wrote:In an accident or close call, likely the other party is an older man wearing a baseball cap.. :D

ICBC stats would support that it is more likely a younger male wearing a baseball cap backwards. As much as I dislike ICBC.....I think they have nailed this statistic from my observations of on road driving behavior.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

2 people like this post.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3645 posts

Return to South Okanagan