Summerland's Secret Service

Re: Summerland's Secret Service

Postby RandyDandy » Oct 9th, 2018, 7:17 am

While I agree with most of what you say, to me Holmes is the only keeper. There has to be an ounce of continuity for a new council and he has been the most intelligent, vocal and reasonable of the bunch. Peake elevating to mayor will leave 5 positions for new blood and discard the rest. Those people do not need another 4 years to get something done other than filling city hall with new hires, a $600 K skateboard park and rainbow sidewalks. Boot, declining the bank's crescent fiasco, shows that she either has a "modicum" of common sense or was just engratiating herself self to "sensible Summerlanders in hopes of an army of support.
I may be wrong but I seem to recall waterman at the close of the epic Banks public hearing taking some credit for the hiring of C3PO on his left hand.

Chewie1969 likes this post.
RandyDandy
Fledgling

Liked in: 77 posts

Postby acbarry » Oct 20th, 2018, 9:45 pm

RandyDandy wrote:While I agree with most of what you say, to me Holmes is the only keeper. There has to be an ounce of continuity for a new council and he has been the most intelligent, vocal and reasonable of the bunch. Peake elevating to mayor will leave 5 positions for new blood and discard the rest. Those people do not need another 4 years to get something done other than filling city hall with new hires, a $600 K skateboard park and rainbow sidewalks. Boot, declining the bank's crescent fiasco, shows that she either has a "modicum" of common sense or was just engratiating herself self to "sensible Summerlanders in hopes of an army of support.
I may be wrong but I seem to recall waterman at the close of the epic Banks public hearing taking some credit for the hiring of C3PO on his left hand.

Ha, looks like you're a little out of touch with what the people of Summerland want.

kelownman likes this post.
acbarry

Liked in: 40 posts

Postby kelownman » Oct 21st, 2018, 4:42 am

RD was wrong in 2014, wrong again in 2018, looking forward to 2022 when he can be wrong again? :biggrin:

acbarry likes this post.
kelownman
Fledgling

Liked in: 199 posts

Postby twobits » Oct 21st, 2018, 3:52 pm

It's a bit amusing that Waterman could not even salvage a school trustee pension from the Summerland voters.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Williy likes this post.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3448 posts

Postby Williy » Nov 4th, 2018, 1:58 pm

acbarry wrote:
RandyDandy wrote:While I agree with most of what you say, to me Holmes is the only keeper. There has to be an ounce of continuity for a new council and he has been the most intelligent, vocal and reasonable of the bunch. Peake elevating to mayor will leave 5 positions for new blood and discard the rest. Those people do not need another 4 years to get something done other than filling city hall with new hires, a $600 K skateboard park and rainbow sidewalks. Boot, declining the bank's crescent fiasco, shows that she either has a "modicum" of common sense or was just engratiating herself self to "sensible Summerlanders in hopes of an army of support.

Ha, looks like you're a little out of touch with what the people of Summerland want.

Seriously? Come on. Nobody cares how the roads are in Summerland. It's critical that time capsule pathway up to Giant's Head continue to be a priority. A wheelchair would have a pretty rough time with that pathway & we have to make that right first off.
Williy

Liked in: 27 posts

Previous

Return to South Okanagan