Illegal dump sites

Illegal dump sites

Postby crazyjay » Sep 25th, 2018, 4:15 am

Why doesn't the Penticton Indian band start enforcing there members to clean up there yards those are worse than the illegal dump sites

blueliner likes this post.
crazyjay

Liked in: 11 posts

Re: Illegal dump sites

Postby Bsuds » Sep 25th, 2018, 5:38 am

Why do they put a round pizza in a square box and then eat it in triangles?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 11779 posts

Postby twobits » Sep 25th, 2018, 6:45 pm

Or how about cleaning up Airport beach....the entrance to Penticton from the South? It looks like a chithole until the City leases it and cleans it up. Oh wait.....it's locatee land and the band cannot do anything about it.
This article actually has me pizzing myself in laughter when if one just crosses the Industrial Ave bridge onto rez lands all one really see's looking left or right for several km's is decrepit or trash.
How attractive is the 50ft high pile of demolished buildings stored by a local waste contractor putting a positive image on the community?? None of this activity would be permitted within City or RDOS limits. But hey, it's rez land and locatee land so the PIB cannot do anything about it. But let's all feel sorry for the expense they incur from trash dumped on rez land that is not locatee owned.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

blueliner likes this post.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3471 posts

Postby twobits » Sep 26th, 2018, 5:19 pm

And Dawn Russel is silent. Forgive me me Dawn but some of us on this side of the river are a bit confused about clearly poor environmental activities that would never be permitted by the COP or RDOS seem to get a pass on that side of the river?
Seems to many of us over here that you clearly have some very entrepreneurial Locatee owners that realize they can make some good money from the fact that they do not have to comply with all of the regs required off rez.
In short, credibility is the problem. One cannot claim to be "stewards" of the land when they cannot even come up with governance system all of their own members will embrace and accept that does not include a "Freeman" logic.
And that goes beyond questionable industrial activities like mountains of waste materials and barrels of waste oil. Acres of land that were once agriculture feedstock lands (would be ALR on this side of the river) are now mountains of reclaimed asphalt and gravel.
The culture card has been played and is tired. When you folks finally do have a cohesive governance system in place that is not blocking your City Hall access with picnic tables...and can speak for and enforce rules on all of your members like a democratic system provides, much better things will happen.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

2 people like this post.
twobits
Guru

Postby GordonH » Sep 26th, 2018, 5:45 pm

Everyone who dumps illegally (away from actual landfill site) are impo nothing more then a bunch of cheap as :cuss: holes.
Who need to be caught & be given huge fine... plus clean up there *bleep*, in addition few hundred hours of community service. Then maybe they won't be as :cuss: holes.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8111 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby twobits » Sep 27th, 2018, 6:18 pm

GordonH wrote:Everyone who dumps illegally (away from actual landfill site) are impo nothing more then a bunch of cheap as :cuss: holes.
Who need to be caught & be given huge fine... plus clean up there *bleep*, in addition few hundred hours of community service. Then maybe they won't be as :cuss: holes.

Ok, thanks for your input. But what do you think should happen to the people that avoid the landfill and dump on PIB lands for a fee to the Locatee owner?

twobits
Guru

Return to South Okanagan