Wendy's Restaurant

Tony
Übergod

Wendy's Restaurant

Post by Tony »

This isn't a bad review, more of a question. I've been to Wendy's probably 8 times in the last two months and the food is still good, but the restaurant itself is falling apart. The fence that runs by the drive thru was hit, and has been falling down for at least two months, today I noticed a door on the cooler behind the till was literally hanging on one hinge, the doors beside that were all out of shape and not aligned with each other.

I'm wondering, did this restaurant recently sell? There used to be a nice person walking around giving you mints after you ate, there was always two people at the tills during peak times, and it was always clean and up to speed.

Just curious, like I said, the food is still good, and they have great salads.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Wendy's Restaurant

Post by GordonH »

Tony wrote:This isn't a bad review, more of a question. I've been to Wendy's probably 8 times in the last two months and the food is still good, but the restaurant itself is falling apart. The fence that runs by the drive thru was hit, and has been falling down for at least two months, today I noticed a door on the cooler behind the till was literally hanging on one hinge, the doors beside that were all out of shape and not aligned with each other.

I'm wondering, did this restaurant recently sell? There used to be a nice person walking around giving you mints after you ate, there was always two people at the tills during peak times, and it was always clean and up to speed.

Just curious, like I said, the food is still good, and they have great salads.

I suspect with some franchises they have passed expenses on the local owner/manger.
How if the local owner/manger prefers to keep his/her maintenance cost down. Won't fix stuff until district Rep. visits (from Wendy's), and reads them the riot act & demands repairs before his/her next visit.
So if you all of sudden see everything fixed, more then likely the Rep. has come or will be coming.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Maybe contact their Head Office with your concerns.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

Bsuds wrote:Maybe contact their Head Office with your concerns.

I actually did that..... thanks Bsuds. Just thought I'd see if there was a recent change in ownership. It's really slid in the past few months.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

John Tietzen, the main franchisee and his two partners (Gord Lammers and Akbal Mund) sold the franchise in 2012. If I remember correctly they had already asked Gord to step aside so it was just Akbal and John.

A Korean fellow purchased it, named Park. He already had a couple in AB.

When Tietzen and team ran it they ran it to a very high level. Wendys has store certifications you can get and it was very important to John all stores be at the highest level. They were inspected regularly and consistently performed as some of the best around.

Since Park has taken over its gone to crap. Not just the décor. Different business mindset we will say.

Park also said he would keep Dreamlift but dumped it very quickly. Papa John's now does a version of the event. Tietzen loved dreamlift day, it was so important to him he was crushed when Park went back on his word.
civil

Post by civil »

The Wendy's in Chilliwack is really nice.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

gman313 wrote:John Tietzen, the main franchisee and his two partners (Gord Lammers and Akbal Mund) sold the franchise in 2012. If I remember correctly they had already asked Gord to step aside so it was just Akbal and John.

A Korean fellow purchased it, named Park. He already had a couple in AB.

When Tietzen and team ran it they ran it to a very high level. Wendys has store certifications you can get and it was very important to John all stores be at the highest level. They were inspected regularly and consistently performed as some of the best around.

Since Park has taken over its gone to crap. Not just the décor. Different business mindset we will say.

Park also said he would keep Dreamlift but dumped it very quickly. Papa John's now does a version of the event. Tietzen loved dreamlift day, it was so important to him he was crushed when Park went back on his word.

You said what I was afraid to for fear of being labelled a racist. Penticton has a demographic that I don't think Mr Park understands. It will cost him the local franchise. What remains unknown is if it will be locked doors or a new franchise owner.
The biggest elephant in the Fast Food Enterprise room is 15 buck minimum wages. When two Mac's or whppers with cheese with fries and a drink cost 25 bucks.......I'll go to a family run joint and pay 10 bucks more for a decent takeout meal for two.
Last edited by twobits on Oct 4th, 2018, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Bsuds wrote:Maybe contact their Head Office with your concerns.
Tony wrote:I actually did that..... thanks Bsuds. Just thought I'd see if there was a recent change in ownership. It's really slid in the past few months.

If they get enough complaints they might step in and either make him clean it up or pull his franchise. They must have minimum standards in their contracts.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Have to agree the quality and customer service of this Wendy's location has gone downhill big time. I remember a few years back maybe more now, but there was always a senior aged greeter walking around the restaurant, happy to be there, saying hello, having a brief chat asking if there was anything else you might need. And there was always a mint or two at the end of your meal. Now one is lucky to get their meal correct. Cleanliness has disappeared as well. And yes Tony, I noticed the fence. Should have been repaired the next day. Bad situation. Hope Wendy's Corp. cleans it up soon. That said I was in Kelowna on the weekend and had lunch at Wendy's there. Similar situation. Poor service, couldn't care less that I was the customer. Won't be back again. Maybe we can all copy and past this thread and send it off to Wendy's Corp. Office.
my10cents

Post by my10cents »

i will never go there again -got major food poisoning having lunch there from a Wendy's burger landed me in the Penticton hospital within the hour for three days. :135:
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

were you with anyone else that time that ate with you...or your the only one with food poisoning...usually if you get that others was sick too.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Interesting thought here: If a number of people show up at the hospital with food poisoning, all complaining that they had lunch at a particular restaurant, would that information find its way to those responsible for inspecting/regulating restaurant cleanliness?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

Before everyone starts handing out the torch’s and pitch-forks, you can go on the Interior Health web site and read the health inspector’s reports from area restaurant inspections. The last inspection at the Penticton Wendy’s was in February of this year.
FYI there were four “non-critical non-compliances” and “two critical non-compliances”.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

RupertBear wrote:Before everyone starts handing out the torch’s and pitch-forks, you can go on the Interior Health web site and read the health inspector’s reports from area restaurant inspections. The last inspection at the Penticton Wendy’s was in February of this year.
FYI there were four “non-critical non-compliances” and “two critical non-compliances”.

Well, thanks for that insight Rupert... now I have to find another restaurant. ;)

And thanks for the info. As mentioned, I did contact Wendy's corporate, so we will see if they do anything about it. The tell tale sign will be the fence getting fixed.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

Tony wrote:
Well, thanks for that insight Rupert... now I have to find another restaurant. ;)

And thanks for the info. As mentioned, I did contact Wendy's corporate, so we will see if they do anything about it. The tell tale sign will be the fence getting fixed.

You're welcome Tony. I've used the web site quite a bit. With so many restaurant options to choose from in the valley, this helps to weed out a few that might not be worth trying.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou

Return to “South Okanagan”