PIB Superpark

Re: PIB Superpark

Postby twobits » Oct 27th, 2018, 5:37 pm

pentona wrote:I wonder if this is a Locatee owned land (old Game Farm) or does the PIB own it as a whole? Just curious. Of course everyone is only guessing that this is the land in question; it does make sense, however. That land has sat idle far too long.


That is a really good question. A quick google search provides little info other than 270 acres being leased from the PIB. That does not really answer the question though as Locatee lands could also be called PIB lands.
Guess we will just have the wait until our neighbors want to share the details but it really doesn't matter. If they can bring this together and make it happen, it would be a very positive step forward for all locals.....on both sides of that water divide.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

2 people like this post.
twobits
Guru
 
Posts: 7223
Likes: 1092 posts
Liked in: 3852 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 9:44 am
Location: GPS says Dead Elbow Utah. Think I'm lost

Re: PIB Superpark

Postby pentona » Oct 27th, 2018, 6:27 pm

twobits wrote:
That is a really good question. A quick google search provides little info other than 270 acres being leased from the PIB. That does not really answer the question though as Locatee lands could also be called PIB lands.
Guess we will just have the wait until our neighbors want to share the details but it really doesn't matter. If they can bring this together and make it happen, it would be a very positive step forward for all locals.....on both sides of that water divide.


From what I've seen in past, if its a Locatee only, he/she may reap the benefit and have total control over the land (ie: Barefoot, Delta MH park, Airport beach). This seems to be more likely to involve the entire band and thats good news. Wishing them well with such an endeavor.
pentona
Übergod
 
Posts: 1160
Likes: 290 posts
Liked in: 621 posts
Joined: Feb 21st, 2011, 5:38 pm

Re: PIB Superpark

Postby twobits » Oct 27th, 2018, 8:02 pm

pentona wrote:
From what I've seen in past, if its a Locatee only, he/she may reap the benefit and have total control over the land (ie: Barefoot, Delta MH park, Airport beach). This seems to be more likely to involve the entire band and thats good news. Wishing them well with such an endeavor.


I hope you are right but we do need to remember that the PIB also heavily promoted the Green Ave bridge crossing and that was directly to Locatee lands, not band lands. Those would include the Band's own taxation model I suspect but certainly not land lease revenue.
I hope this new endevour is land revenue to the band population and not just a few owners.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru
 
Posts: 7223
Likes: 1092 posts
Liked in: 3852 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 9:44 am
Location: GPS says Dead Elbow Utah. Think I'm lost

Re: PIB Superpark

Postby logman » Oct 30th, 2018, 5:02 pm

Don't hold your breath.
I love the graffiti under the bridge to nowhere.
Also the crane and pale skinned male in a safety cage doing whatever under it a day ago. Money well spent I guess.
I can't wait for future development to proceed.
User avatar
logman
Übergod
 
Posts: 1183
Likes: 25 posts
Liked in: 284 posts
Joined: Apr 9th, 2006, 10:35 pm

Re: PIB Superpark

Postby Bunnyhop » Oct 31st, 2018, 7:25 am

I read somewhere else yesterday that they are looking at PIB land, not locatee land. Also they want to discuss service agreements with the city of Penticton so that rules out the old game farm site. Above Skaha Hills development maybe?
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 765
Likes: 1296 posts
Liked in: 557 posts
Joined: Dec 13th, 2009, 7:47 pm

Re: PIB Superpark

Postby XT225 » Oct 31st, 2018, 10:17 am

Bunnyhop wrote:I read somewhere else yesterday that they are looking at PIB land, not locatee land. Also they want to discuss service agreements with the city of Penticton so that rules out the old game farm site. Above Skaha Hills development maybe?


Interesting. If they are going to tie into any City services, then it cannot be the old Game Farm lands; too far away. More likely North of Skaha Hills development (they require hills for any ziplines) and some flat lands as well. It would be good if PIB would benefit as a whole rather than just Locatee land.
XT225
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2607
Likes: 863 posts
Liked in: 704 posts
Joined: Jun 2nd, 2009, 4:37 pm

Re: PIB Superpark

Postby JagXKR » Oct 31st, 2018, 12:13 pm

My guess for the location is here, center of image.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.4580243, ... !1e3?hl=en

Kind of bowl like with flat and steep areas.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Bunnyhop likes this post.
User avatar
JagXKR
Übergod
 
Posts: 1762
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 1658 posts
Joined: Jun 19th, 2011, 6:25 am
Location: Penticton

Re: PIB Superpark

Postby Bunnyhop » Oct 31st, 2018, 1:00 pm

JagXKR wrote:My guess for the location is here, center of image.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.4580243, ... !1e3?hl=en

Kind of bowl like with flat and steep areas.


You could be right. Someone on the PIB Facebook page mentioned that it’s a huge area from the gun range all the way back to Skaha Hills.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 765
Likes: 1296 posts
Liked in: 557 posts
Joined: Dec 13th, 2009, 7:47 pm

Re: PIB Superpark

Postby seewood » Oct 31st, 2018, 1:30 pm

Bunnyhop wrote:Someone on the PIB Facebook page mentioned that it’s a huge area from the gun range all the way back to Skaha Hills.


Wow, moving targets on the zip-lines... :panic:

If it is near the gun range, wonder how long it will be where the complaints about noise start coming in? Let alone perhaps safety factor
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
Übergod
 
Posts: 1620
Likes: 4088 posts
Liked in: 1594 posts
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 2:08 pm

Re: PIB Superpark

Postby XT225 » Oct 31st, 2018, 1:42 pm

Bunnyhop wrote:
You could be right. Someone on the PIB Facebook page mentioned that it’s a huge area from the gun range all the way back to Skaha Hills.



I have never heard of any gun range on the reserve. Where is it located? Access off Green Mtn Road or Old Airport road?
XT225
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2607
Likes: 863 posts
Liked in: 704 posts
Joined: Jun 2nd, 2009, 4:37 pm

Re: PIB Superpark

Postby twobits » Oct 31st, 2018, 6:26 pm

JagXKR wrote:My guess for the location is here, center of image.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.4580243, ... !1e3?hl=en

Kind of bowl like with flat and steep areas.


If I am seeing the same center of image you are........connection to City services would cost more than the bridge to the Nissan building.
Only feasible location would be something next to Skaha Hills if they are looking for a sewage connection.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru
 
Posts: 7223
Likes: 1092 posts
Liked in: 3852 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 9:44 am
Location: GPS says Dead Elbow Utah. Think I'm lost

Re: PIB Superpark

Postby Bunnyhop » Oct 31st, 2018, 6:29 pm

XT225 wrote:
Bunnyhop wrote:
You could be right. Someone on the PIB Facebook page mentioned that it’s a huge area from the gun range all the way back to Skaha Hills.



I have never heard of any gun range on the reserve. Where is it located? Access off Green Mtn Road or Old Airport road?


I’m not familiar with the reserve, just repeating what I read on the PIB Facebook page.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 765
Likes: 1296 posts
Liked in: 557 posts
Joined: Dec 13th, 2009, 7:47 pm

Re: PIB Superpark

Postby seewood » Oct 31st, 2018, 7:36 pm

XT225 wrote:I have never heard of any gun range on the reserve.

I'm thinking the park might have the northern boundary near the Shooting Sports area off the hwy before Trout Creek.
A native fellow I chatted with earlier this year mentioned there is an unofficial long range site on band lands well away from what we see.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
Übergod
 
Posts: 1620
Likes: 4088 posts
Liked in: 1594 posts
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 2:08 pm

Re: PIB Superpark

Postby XT225 » Oct 31st, 2018, 7:56 pm

seewood wrote:I'm thinking the park might have the northern boundary near the Shooting Sports area off the hwy before Trout Creek.
A native fellow I chatted with earlier this year mentioned there is an unofficial long range site on band lands well away from what we see.


I doubt that it would be way out North like that. Not when there is possibly going to be discussions with the city over some services. No city services out that way. Twobits is likely closer to the cigar; nearer Skaha Hills.
XT225
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2607
Likes: 863 posts
Liked in: 704 posts
Joined: Jun 2nd, 2009, 4:37 pm

Re: PIB Superpark

Postby JagXKR » Oct 31st, 2018, 10:09 pm

twobits wrote:If I am seeing the same center of image you are........connection to City services would cost more than the bridge to the Nissan building.
Only feasible location would be something next to Skaha Hills if they are looking for a sewage connection.


Not sure if they need the sewage. Maybe water first. It would be a very long way to the city connections, I agree. But I don't see the room required above Skaha Hills. The master plan for that area basically goes right up to the steeper sections. Not sure if those residents would like a Superpark adjacent to their community. I know I wouldn't.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
User avatar
JagXKR
Übergod
 
Posts: 1762
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 1658 posts
Joined: Jun 19th, 2011, 6:25 am
Location: Penticton

PreviousNext

Return to South Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest