Argo lost the contract

Re: Argo lost the contract

Postby Noisy Boater » Nov 17th, 2018, 9:27 am

Thanks J f for your kind words as I am on the Kelowna crew. As a auxillary as is needed plow operator with over 15 yrs exp I can tell you a story or 2!!!! I am off to my regular job soon but will pick this up later. Just for thought employees stay and management is gone. Just as well as management were always in a shiny new 4 door 4x4 loaded truck while the plow guys were driving ancient trucks with over 500k of hard beaten kilos. Makes u wonder where the money goes and why the roads were bad. New contractor wont make any difference. Whats the penalty?? A fine ? Whoop de dooo. That wont improve anything. TTYL.
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ?

Jflem1983 likes this post.
Noisy Boater
Board Meister

Liked in: 313 posts

Postby Noisy Boater » Nov 17th, 2018, 9:44 am

Glacier wrote:Bankeir? I BEFORE E EXCEPT AFTER C, you Crazy people.

I think its Greta not Greata?? I could be wrong.
Noisy Boater
Board Meister

Postby Anonymous123 » Nov 17th, 2018, 10:22 am

It's Greata, as in the Greata Ranch.
We See
We Judge
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1426 posts

Postby twobits » Nov 17th, 2018, 5:24 pm

Noisy Boater wrote:Thanks J f for your kind words as I am on the Kelowna crew. As a auxillary as is needed plow operator with over 15 yrs exp I can tell you a story or 2!!!! I am off to my regular job soon but will pick this up later. Just for thought employees stay and management is gone. Just as well as management were always in a shiny new 4 door 4x4 loaded truck while the plow guys were driving ancient trucks with over 500k of hard beaten kilos. Makes u wonder where the money goes and why the roads were bad. New contractor wont make any difference. Whats the penalty?? A fine ? Whoop de dooo. That wont improve anything. TTYL.

So management changes but are forced to hire existing BCGEU employee's and the service does not improve?

Maybe then next time we should change the employee half of the equation and see if things improve? Fair is fair no?
Oh, and btw, if these trucks were owned by the drivers, they would get a million k on them before major repair cuz then the driver would give a chit. I own trucks so don't try to BS me.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3461 posts

Postby Noisy Boater » Nov 17th, 2018, 8:05 pm

twobits wrote:
Noisy Boater wrote:Thanks J f for your kind words as I am on the Kelowna crew. As a auxillary as is needed plow operator with over 15 yrs exp I can tell you a story or 2!!!! I am off to my regular job soon but will pick this up later. Just for thought employees stay and management is gone. Just as well as management were always in a shiny new 4 door 4x4 loaded truck while the plow guys were driving ancient trucks with over 500k of hard beaten kilos. Makes u wonder where the money goes and why the roads were bad. New contractor wont make any difference. Whats the penalty?? A fine ? Whoop de dooo. That wont improve anything. TTYL.

So management changes but are forced to hire existing BCGEU employee's and the service does not improve?

Maybe then next time we should change the employee half of the equation and see if things improve? Fair is fair no?
Oh, and btw, if these trucks were owned by the drivers, they would get a million k on them before major repair cuz then the driver would give a chit. I own trucks so don't try to BS me.

As the case in most companies its usually management that makes the decisions. Employees can only do so much with what they are given to do the job. Employee morale would greatly improve if they had reliable functioning equipment. Nothing worse than starting out with 5 trucks at shift start then have 1 or more go down with some computer glitch that wont let anything work. Trying to get it repaired is impossible because there is rarely a mechanic on duty when needed. Any one with trucking experiance whether o/op or not should know this. Driver shortage is a well known fact. Getting someone to work weekend niteshift is difficult. Lots of us old guys are near retirement. You want a green horn fresh outa driving school looking after the roads. Good luck with that. Dont try and BS me!!!
Noisy Boater
Board Meister

Postby twobits » Nov 18th, 2018, 4:04 pm

Noisy Boater wrote: Getting someone to work weekend niteshift is difficult. Lots of us old guys are near retirement. You want a green horn fresh outa driving school looking after the roads. Good luck with that. Dont try and BS me!!!

Nightshift and weekends require premiums. No green horns plowing roads. Need to cut their teeth with experienced drivers first.
BTW, have seen more than enough 20yr drivers who are just plain lazy and beat the chit of of the truck cuz they are not responsible for the repairs. They are usually they guys you see spinning out and busting the drive train when they didn't want to get out of the cab and chain up when they should have.
Truck owners get two types of calls in this context. One good, the other not so good. Good call....hey boss running late, bad conditions and had to chain up or, got to pull over because of conditions. Bad call......hey boss running late, am laying in the ditch can you call a wrecker or, busted a driveshaft universal, differential, etc ......can you call a wrecker.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3461 posts

Postby GEW » Feb 6th, 2019, 7:42 pm

https://www.merrittherald.com/new-contr ... r-maintena

For those who travel to the coast via the Coq, VSA has lost the contract for most of the coquihalla as well. The new contractor is employee owned and the succession clause (existing employees retain their job and seniority) is in place as well. It will be interesting to see how both new contractors perform next winter.
Keep calm and wear your tinfoil hat.
GEW
Fledgling

Liked in: 54 posts

Previous

Return to South Okanagan