Plaque?

JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Plaque?

Post by JagXKR »

For the society...go :cuss: yourselves.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... ide-fiasco :thumbsdown:

Don't you have more windmills to chase? Go to a soup kitchen. Help at a homeless shelter. Do something more with your time than this ridiculous, stupid, moronic plaque bunk.

By the way the :cuss: word may be "protest". You decide.

And just for reference, 5000 people is not a majority of Pentictonites. For those that are math challenged of course.
Less than 1/6th the population.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: Plaque?

Post by gman313 »

JagXKR wrote:For the society...go :cuss: yourselves.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... ide-fiasco :thumbsdown:

Don't you have more windmills to chase? Go to a soup kitchen. Help at a homeless shelter. Do something more with your time than this ridiculous, stupid, moronic plaque bunk.

By the way the :cuss: word may be "protest". You decide.

And just for reference, 5000 people is not a majority of Pentictonites. For those that are math challenged of course.
Less than 1/6th the population.

my thoughts exactly - hilarious
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

Can I put up a plaque next to that one saying:

"Enjoy reading the plaque to your left. It is much more entertaining than sliding down fibreglass on a thin layer of water screaming in delite!"?
SouthernOkanagan

Regarding the "Plaque for waterslide fiasco?" story...

Post by SouthernOkanagan »

I totally do NOT agree with having any sort of plaque or monument that the Save Skaha Park Society is asking for.
Alright, alright alright, you win, a long time ago you won, we know you're proud, but a plaque to memorialize it?
I think NOT!

Does anyone suggest we have a plaque for every tree the city DIDN'T cut down due to public outry?
Does B.C. Housing ever ask for a monument to be put up that reads "This monument is for the public housing development that ALMOST got built at this location, but due to a group of nay sayers, it never got built here."?
Now think about Save Skaha Park Society's request for a "commemorative" plaque or monument at Skaha Park?

This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard of, a plaque, sheeeesh!

To the City of Penticton, please don't allow any such thing to be placed in our park! It's ludicrous!

Full story here: https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/242167/Plaque-for-waterslide-fiasco
SouthernOkanagan

Post by SouthernOkanagan »

soupy wrote:Can I put up a plaque next to that one saying:

"Enjoy reading the plaque to your left. It is much more entertaining than sliding down fibreglass on a thin layer of water screaming in delite!"?

I love it!!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

This was a terribly divisive and heated time in our past. The decision has been made, let it stay in the past where it belongs and let the town move on. A plaque would just serve to perpetuate the divide and frankly, has an immature "nyaah nyaah" air about it. Let it go.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

SouthernOkanagan wrote:This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard of, a plaque, sheeeesh!

:up: :up: To believe this lot would even entertain something as daft as this is kind of embarrassing. They probably would vote for Eby's barf bag PR as well.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

soupy wrote:Can I put up a plaque next to that one saying:

:spitcoffee: Just because I'd be screaming in terror doesn't mean someone wouldn't be delighted!

I hope they get told where to :cuss: :swear: :cuss: their plaque idea. Did legal cannabis smokin' play into this freaked out request?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
OllyV
Board Meister

Post by OllyV »

This suggestion is beyond stupid!

What's next?
The first annual N.I.M.B.Y. awards.

The award for outstanding obstruction of community development for the desire of the few over the masses goes to.....

The award for the exceptional waste of time to oppose the ideas and ambitions of others rather than getting behind and SUPPORTING something (anything!) in the community goes to...

The award for the most entitled, short sighted and self serving use of retirement time goes to...

etc..
I think we should really have these awards. Kind of like the razzies.
I'd like to thank God for making me an atheist.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

I think there are about 4950 out of 5000 members of the society that would like to distance themselves from such a brain fart suggestion from Ms. Carolae Donoghue.
This sounds to me to be more of an issue of how to get rid of the few k remaining donated funds from the war chest. Might I humbly suggest Ms. Donoghue, that instead of a legacy stone you can point out to your grandchildren about the great battle and victory of 2017, you simply donate the excess funds to the City for the future acquisition or improvement of park lands.
This blip in Penticton history is just not worth monument building.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Chessman

Post by Chessman »

I totally concur with the previous posts .... the plaque is a ridiculous idea and this person who ever she is should be embarrassed
for putting the idea forward. The divisive events of the development fiasco are behind us...let it go lady, let it go.
The City of Penticton got to much bad press from the fiasco, now she wants more negative attention and bronze a “victory lap” which was anything but a victory for the community.
If Council approves this plaque they are merely pandering to some of the vocal egotistical members of the former Save Skaha Park Society and giving the finger to the rest of the population.
I’m not on the Forum to debate, I don’t engage with cretins and there is nothing you can do about a sub 80 IQ.

Return to “South Okanagan”