Snowmobile Hit by Car

Re: Snowmobile Hit by Car

Postby kgcayenne » Jan 10th, 2019, 2:45 pm

Mmm hmmm it's quite probable an intoxicated person veered.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4077 posts

Postby kgcayenne » Jan 10th, 2019, 2:48 pm

soupy wrote:
kgcayenne wrote:Ask the driver. What comes to mind is that the snowmobile ended up in the path of the car without giving the car's driver time to react and avoid. How narrow is the road? How common is it to see snowmobiles using it?

If this were some drunk/high vagrant downtown on a bicycle who veered into traffic would you be asking why a car hit him?

LOL. Didn't an intoxicated bike rider get hit the other day too?

Not to mention the pedestrian who was struck while crossing the intersection at the wrong time in the way of a vehicle. Police already determined no charges to the driver.

I can imagine if either of those two (bike rider and pedestrian) had dogs with them that got hurt, I have no trouble believing
the same people sympathizing with the drunk dad would be all up in arms about the dog's injuries.
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Fancy » Jan 10th, 2019, 2:49 pm

kgcayenne wrote:Mmm hmmm it's quite probable an intoxicated person veered.

Yes and I already said that but it's still an assumption.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 6695 posts

Postby Fancy » Jan 10th, 2019, 2:53 pm

kgcayenne wrote:...I have no trouble believing
the same people sympathizing with the drunk dad would be all up in arms about the dog's injuries.
I have empathy for the situation and if you don't have any compassion that's understandable. I don't understand why bring up a dog. No relevance.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Postby kgcayenne » Jan 10th, 2019, 3:00 pm

My empathy for drunk injurious people died with the people I’ve lost to their kind.

2 people like this post.
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Postby TylerM4 » Jan 10th, 2019, 3:52 pm

dogspoiler wrote:Far be it from me to antagonise a lynch mob, but I did not see anything in the article that pointed out any problem with the sow machines operation. The article says three times that the sled was struck by a car.

How about the fact that it's not legal to ride a snowmobile on a public roadway? Riding contrary to multiple laws would seem to indicate "a problem with the machine's operation" don't you think?

Driving drunk = illegal. Driving it on the road = illegal. Doing both AND doing it with a child on the back = incredibly stupid and reckless even if he was on the shoulder and going 15km/hr.

2 people like this post.
TylerM4
Übergod

Liked in: 1186 posts

Postby Fancy » Jan 10th, 2019, 4:06 pm

kgcayenne wrote:My empathy for drunk injurious people died with the people I’ve lost to their kind.

My empathy is for the family who have issues of their own as well as well as having to deal with the family member who made a bad choice. Dont confuse empathy with sympathy.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Postby kgcayenne » Jan 10th, 2019, 4:16 pm

I have a great deal of empathy for the mom and daughter, I hope they find a way to overcome all this and fare better. I hope there will be no more disastrous decisions. Don't mistake my animosity for the father as anything more than staring daggers for him and him alone.

I divorced my ex partly due to his decisions being just as deleterious for my daughter as they were for me; my responsibility to her overrode any marriage vow.

2 people like this post.
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Postby JagXKR » Jan 10th, 2019, 4:58 pm

Fancy wrote:
JagXKR wrote: the go-F me page taken down. Says a lot.

The funding was there and they reached the limit?
Campaign is complete and no longer active.

What was the initial amount requested? Did they close it before that was reached? Saying that "Campaign is complete and no longer active." does not mean they reached their goal. Maybe the campaign was closed due to reaction from the community as stated in the Castanet story. Though Castanet getting the facts wrong is also a possibility.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
JagXKR
Übergod

Liked in: 1221 posts

Postby JagXKR » Jan 10th, 2019, 5:18 pm

Fancy wrote:
JagXKR wrote:Really? So the Humboldt accident was the bus drivers fault because it technically hit the truck?
If I pull out of my driveway without looking and someone "hits" my car I'm still at fault.
Time to rethink your assessment.
That goes for a lot of you people.
Also the man was drunk...

I think you're overreacting. Why in the world would you bring up the bus accident? I don't think either driver was under the influence and one went through a stop sign.
So far there's been no charges laid and only those that were there really knows what happened.

Using an analogy. Try it you may like it.
The statement that the sled was hit by the car has some on this forum assuming that the car is at fault. My analogy shows that a statement that a vehicle hitting another does not show fault. I was not there but there are many that think that the car hitting the sled means the driver of the car is culpable. Very far from the truth in many cases. Just like my other analogy of me pulling out of the driveway, which you clearly ignored. Not that I would expect you to do anything but ignore that. It does not fit into your constant disagreement with me on many issues.
There is nothing in my statements that is wrong. Yet you will always go after what I say. Says a lot about you.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
JagXKR
Übergod

Liked in: 1221 posts

Postby Huntress1992 » Jan 10th, 2019, 6:01 pm

Just a question. Not sure if I'm reading it wrong, but in the original story it talked about the GoFund me page and how bad the injuries were. Then there was a story posted later where RCMP said the father was intoxicated, and it also said they attended the scene and stated only "the young female passenger was taken to the South Okanagan Hospital with injuries classified by police as minor." Pretty sure the RCMP wouldn't have made a statement like that if the injuries were, as stated, in the GoFund me page description. Maybe that's why there is a strong public reaction? People donated to something they thought was more severe than it actually was?
Huntress1992

Liked in: 0 post

Postby twobits » Jan 10th, 2019, 6:36 pm

I know lot's of sled riders that will take a rip down a rural road despite it's illegality. I do not know any that would do so intoxicated and with an 11 yr old child as a passenger.
John Law can apply any penalty they want on this guy that he deserves but none will come close to the pain he realizes he caused his daughter.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3449 posts

Postby soupy » Jan 10th, 2019, 7:49 pm

Huntress1992 wrote:Just a question. Not sure if I'm reading it wrong, but in the original story it talked about the GoFund me page and how bad the injuries were. Then there was a story posted later where RCMP said the father was intoxicated, and it also said they attended the scene and stated only "the young female passenger was taken to the South Okanagan Hospital with injuries classified by police as minor." Pretty sure the RCMP wouldn't have made a statement like that if the injuries were, as stated, in the GoFund me page description. Maybe that's why there is a strong public reaction? People donated to something they thought was more severe than it actually was?

Good point.
RCMP likely didn't know the full extent of the injuries at the time. Or ...
soupy
Board Meister

Liked in: 565 posts

Postby Fancy » Jan 10th, 2019, 10:21 pm

JagXKR wrote:Using an analogy. Try it you may like it.
The statement that the sled was hit by the car has some on this forum assuming that the car is at fault. My analogy shows that a statement that a vehicle hitting another does not show fault. I was not there but there are many that think that the car hitting the sled means the driver of the car is culpable. Very far from the truth in many cases. Just like my other analogy of me pulling out of the driveway, which you clearly ignored. Not that I would expect you to do anything but ignore that. It does not fit into your constant disagreement with me on many issues.
There is nothing in my statements that is wrong. Yet you will always go after what I say. Says a lot about you.
I still think you're overreacting. There's no reason I need to dissect nor discuss every point you make and I use analogies when they are relevant. You also seem to be making the wrong assumption I disagree with you (I did point out the possibility of the car not being at fault). I don't always go after what you say - I'm not in a lot of topics you are so you are probably thinking of someone else. Says a lot about you?
JagXKR wrote:What was the initial amount requested?
$10,000
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Postby Fancy » Jan 10th, 2019, 10:55 pm

Huntress1992 wrote:Just a question. Not sure if I'm reading it wrong, but in the original story it talked about the GoFund me page and how bad the injuries were. Then there was a story posted later where RCMP said the father was intoxicated, and it also said they attended the scene and stated only "the young female passenger was taken to the South Okanagan Hospital with injuries classified by police as minor." Pretty sure the RCMP wouldn't have made a statement like that if the injuries were, as stated, in the GoFund me page description. Maybe that's why there is a strong public reaction? People donated to something they thought was more severe than it actually was?

The police wouldn't know the extent of the injuries at the time and were probably going by the emergency personnel's initial assessment. Having a broken hip and fractured pelvic bones along with kidney issues makes it a little more serious though it sounds like there is blood flow to the one kidney and hopefully both mend to full function. Those injuries would be hard to fake with so many professionals involved.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

PreviousNext

Return to South Okanagan