RE: Peachfest opener announced

RE: Peachfest opener announced

Postby dudemeiser » Jan 10th, 2019, 10:18 am

“This is the first time the Crash Test Dummies have played the Penticton Peach Festival and, in fact, the first time they have played in the Okanagan,”

Not true, they played Vernon in the '80's.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... -announced
dudemeiser
 
Posts: 23
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 12 posts
Joined: Aug 16th, 2007, 4:50 pm

Re: RE: Peachfest opener announced

Postby soupy » Jan 10th, 2019, 11:44 am

I cant wait to hear them play those 2 songs i liked back in the 90s !!

But in all seriousness I like this. Haven't heard their name in years but for a free concert at a funfilled weekend in the place i call home i have no complaints !!
I will be there once again.
soupy
Board Meister
 
Posts: 615
Likes: 1157 posts
Liked in: 570 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2006, 9:31 pm

Re: RE: Peachfest opener announced

Postby SouthernOkanagan » Jan 25th, 2019, 1:52 am

Didn't they do that....
"Once........ there was a kid who...... had a little accident and couldn't come to school........ but when...... he finally came back.... they saw.... skid marks all over his body... "
song?
SouthernOkanagan
 
Posts: 15
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Dec 12th, 2017, 1:17 pm

Re: RE: Peachfest opener announced

Postby RupertBear » Jan 25th, 2019, 6:54 am

SouthernOkanagan wrote:Didn't they do that....
"Once........ there was a kid who...... had a little accident and couldn't come to school........ but when...... he finally came back.... they saw.... skid marks all over his body... "
song?


Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
RupertBear
Board Meister
 
Posts: 586
Likes: 421 posts
Liked in: 635 posts
Joined: Feb 24th, 2010, 9:00 pm

Re: RE: Peachfest opener announced

Postby soupy » Jan 25th, 2019, 7:12 am

Once there was this kid who
Got into an accident and couldn't come to school
But when he finally came back
His hair had turned from black into bright white
He said that it was from when
The cars had smashed him so hard
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Once there was this girl who
Wouldn't go and change with the girls in the change room
But when they finally made her
They saw birthmarks all over her body
She couldn't quite explain it
They'd always just been there
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
But both the girl and boy were glad
'Cause one kid had it worse than that
'Cause then there was this boy whose
Parents made him come directly home right after school
And when they went to their church
They shook and lurched all over the church floor
He couldn't quite explain it
They'd always just gone there
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

OKkayak likes this post.
soupy
Board Meister
 
Posts: 615
Likes: 1157 posts
Liked in: 570 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2006, 9:31 pm

Re: RE: Peachfest opener announced

Postby twobits » Jan 25th, 2019, 4:21 pm

Wouldn't be high on my list but hey.......superman will be recognized.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru
 
Posts: 6955
Likes: 959 posts
Liked in: 3471 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 8:44 am
Location: GPS says Dead Elbow Utah. Think I'm lost

Re: RE: Peachfest opener announced

Postby OKkayak » Jan 26th, 2019, 12:31 am

soupy wrote:Once there was this kid who
Got into an accident and couldn't come to school
But when he finally came back
His hair had turned from black into bright white
He said that it was from when
The cars had smashed him so hard
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Once there was this girl who
Wouldn't go and change with the girls in the change room
But when they finally made her
They saw birthmarks all over her body
She couldn't quite explain it
They'd always just been there
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
But both the girl and boy were glad
'Cause one kid had it worse than that
'Cause then there was this boy whose
Parents made him come directly home right after school
And when they went to their church
They shook and lurched all over the church floor
He couldn't quite explain it
They'd always just gone there
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm


Once, there was this kid who
Took a trip to Singapore
and brought along his spray paint
And when he finally came back
He had cane marks all over his bottom
He said that it was from
When the warden whacked it so hard

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Once there was this girl who
Swore that one day she would
be a figure skating champion
And when she finally made it
She saw some other girl who was better
And so she hired some guy to
Club her in the kneecap

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

They got paid for their sound bytes
And sold their TV movie rights

And then, there was this guy who
Made his wife so mad one night
that she cut off his weiner
And when he finally came to
He found that Mr. Happy was missing
He couldn't quite explain it
It'd always just been there

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Aaah Aaah Aaah Aaah
Aaah Aaah Aaah Aaah

Aaah Aaah Aaah Aaah
Aaah Aaah Aaah Aaah

Love the CTDs. Afternoons and Coffeespoons :up:

soupy likes this post.
User avatar
OKkayak
Übergod
 
Posts: 1612
Likes: 1253 posts
Liked in: 1547 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Re: RE: Peachfest opener announced

Postby soupy » Jan 26th, 2019, 3:41 pm

twobits wrote:Wouldn't be high on my list but hey.......superman will be recognized.


Not high on my list either.
But for a free concert i am not complain at all.
soupy
Board Meister
 
Posts: 615
Likes: 1157 posts
Liked in: 570 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2006, 9:31 pm


Return to South Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 5 guests