Where are they all coming from?

Re: Where are they all coming from?

Postby Country plough boy » May 23rd, 2019, 11:50 am

I know a guy who aas spending upwards of 1500 a day. Think about that. Call him a whale. An outlier. Whatever. These drugs are incredibly expensive.

Get help. Get clean. Go into debt if need be. Better to kick the habit than be on the nod rest of your life. Sometimes you got to be strong . Addiction is not a mental health issue. It is a result of poor choices. Lots of addicts are very smart. They have amazing schemes to pay for dope.

blueliner likes this post.
Country plough boy
Übergod

Liked in: 891 posts

Postby kgcayenne » May 23rd, 2019, 12:03 pm

You going to lend him the $17,000 he needs up front?

I didn’t think so.

I’m not going to disagree about the poor life choices arguments at all. I know there are so so many. Does it mean though that because of them, that ALL have gone that way?

Like I mentioned before, five years ago I was saying the SAME THINGS. What I have learned from some frightening and traumatic experiences that have put me in touch with people in the trenches is un-freaking-believable. When the brain injury coordinator commended us for our patience and insight into dealing with the personality disturbances stemming from my daughter’s brain injury, she also told me how many people she watches transition in a downward spiral into oblivion, I was both deeply moved and terrified.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

Country plough boy likes this post.
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4569 posts

Postby alanjh595 » May 23rd, 2019, 12:11 pm

Country plough boy wrote:I know a guy who aas spending upwards of 1500 a day. Think about that. Call him a whale. An outlier. Whatever. These drugs are incredibly expensive.

Get help. Get clean. Go into debt if need be. Better to kick the habit than be on the nod rest of your life. Sometimes you got to be strong . Addiction is not a mental health issue. It is a result of poor choices. Lots of addicts are very smart. They have amazing schemes to pay for dope.

There is NO WAY that any human body can tolerate a $1500/day habit. I call BS.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4724 posts

Postby soupy » May 23rd, 2019, 12:43 pm

soupy
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 784 posts

Postby twobits » May 23rd, 2019, 8:06 pm

If we actually had a penal system that dealt with drug importers and downstream dealers with serious punitive penalties, we would have little to no need for rehab facilities. I would even suspect that the cost of the lengthy incarceration of the thousands of peddlers would be cheaper than the cost of rehab facilities for the hundreds of thousands they infect.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

2 people like this post.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3853 posts

Postby Country plough boy » May 23rd, 2019, 8:14 pm

alanjh595 wrote:
Country plough boy wrote:I know a guy who aas spending upwards of 1500 a day. Think about that. Call him a whale. An outlier. Whatever. These drugs are incredibly expensive.

There is NO WAY that any human body can tolerate a $1500/day habit. I call BS.

Go ahead. Call whoever u want. I seen it. He kept that up for many months.
Country plough boy
Übergod

Postby onestop67 » May 24th, 2019, 8:54 pm

alanjh595 wrote:There is NO WAY that any human body can tolerate a $1500/day habit. I call BS.

How much cocaine can Charlie Sheen do?

Enough to kill Two and a Half Men...

4 people like this post.
onestop67
Guru

Liked in: 344 posts

Postby Mike Br. » May 25th, 2019, 10:22 am

twobits wrote:If we actually had a penal system that dealt with drug importers and downstream dealers with serious punitive penalties, we would have little to no need for rehab facilities. I would even suspect that the cost of the lengthy incarceration of the thousands of peddlers would be cheaper than the cost of rehab facilities for the hundreds of thousands they infect.

We also used to have a society where drug addicts were stigmatized. A pretty good deterrent for many. That is no longer politically correct.
I mince no words. Spare me political correctness and platitudes!

two_shoes1mit likes this post.
Mike Br.
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 678 posts

Postby fluffy » May 26th, 2019, 9:38 am

Mike Br. wrote:We also used to have a society where drug addicts were stigmatized.

We still do, but the angle of attack has changed. Today it's common to class addiction as a self-inflicted wound, and as such unworthy of much public support. This makes it real easy for government to continually cut back on treatment programs as a cost-cutting measure as no one really complains much, after all, it's just a bunch of drunks and drug addicts and they brought it on themselves, right?

This is just another small part of the big picture, a picture where the world is increasingly controlled by a select few who couldn't care less about the welfare of humanity as a whole. Their attention is focused firmly on their own bottom line. Call me all the names you want, I can guarantee you it will bounce right off. Suppression of dissenting opinion and independent thought is a common tool of the far right.
Okey dokey doggie daddy.
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4392 posts

Postby twobits » May 26th, 2019, 6:23 pm

I don't understand your post fluff. Are you suggesting drug addiction is only a result of prescribed painkillers and thus not self inflicted?
How then do we explain cocaine, crystal meth, and crack? They are not painkiller derived meds.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

2 people like this post.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3853 posts

Postby kgcayenne » May 26th, 2019, 8:24 pm

People self-medicate for reasons other than pain. They do so without really knowing how to stay out of danger.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

dirtybiker likes this post.
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4569 posts

Postby fluffy » May 26th, 2019, 9:42 pm

twobits wrote:Are you suggesting drug addiction is only a result of prescribed painkillers and thus not self inflicted?

No. I'm saying that there is a stigma attached to addiction in general that "It's their own fault" which leads to less than adequate resources being devoted to dealing with the problem.
Okey dokey doggie daddy.
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4392 posts

Postby Country plough boy » May 27th, 2019, 6:26 am

fluffy wrote:
twobits wrote:Are you suggesting drug addiction is only a result of prescribed painkillers and thus not self inflicted?

No. I'm saying that there is a stigma attached to addiction in general that "It's their own fault" which leads to less than adequate resources being devoted to dealing with the problem.

But it is their fault. I was an addict. It was my fault. See how easy that is.

Mike Br. likes this post.
Country plough boy
Übergod

Postby Mike Br. » May 27th, 2019, 8:43 am

fluffy wrote:No. I'm saying that there is a stigma attached to addiction in general that "It's their own fault" which leads to less than adequate resources being devoted to dealing with the problem.

There already are adequate treatment programs, widely availbale.
I mince no words. Spare me political correctness and platitudes!
Mike Br.
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 678 posts

Postby W105 » May 27th, 2019, 9:03 am

no there is not adequate treatment programs available..of course there is if you have $$ though..anybody who doesn't goes on a waiting list, and "waiting" isn't something that addicts can really handle..

this article is from 2 yrs ago and she was 17 yrs old..

'Didn't deserve to die'
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/1 ... rve-to-die

“When I first found out that she was having difficulty with drugs, it was really hard to find resources and nobody really knew anything for resources in the interior,” said Kimberly Christianson.

After seven months, they finally received a referral to be accepted into the Peak House, a residential alcohol and drug treatment facility for youth in East Vancouver on July 5, 2016.

fluffy likes this post.
W105
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4574 posts

PreviousNext

Return to South Okanagan